Who goes camping?

• going to camp this year, renting one from the base. might try to camp back home on Long Island? would be fun to all camp together somewhere.

• Walmart was selling a tent with provisions for a small window A/C unit last summer. I do not think it would be a unit. Popups have a/c and have not heard of the issue with them.

Yea I own a small window unit for the house but that can't go inside our tent. My goal is to be able to camp more than ~3 months a year.

• I didn't read the entire thread. However, the wife and I do a lot of camping ourselves. However, the Cj isn't rated to handle our 28' TT. We bought ours used May of 13. This was a major jump up from a pop up and we couldn't be happier.

We camped @ Killens (love it), Yogi in Lewis, Camp Creek in WV, Seashores in NJ (Cape May), King Nummy (Cape May), and Cape Hen (Lewis).

We used to camp @ Frontier Town in OC when we had the pop-up. But the prices have gone up quite a bit we haven't been back there since. We may try and take a trip this year.

I have to say, if you love the water or even the ocean. Wildwood is the place. The campgrounds in the area of Rt. 9 and 47 are just awesome. I've tried to get my wife to go there for years. Well last year it was my birthday present and she's sold on it. The water is crystal clear and the beach is beautiful.

Our number one favorite state park in Delaware is Killens and Trap Pond. Just can't beat the beauty of the back country roads.

Another place to try is Cherrystone Va. I haven't been there in 15 years but I loved it when I was there. I hear it's a bit different now but I'm willing to try it out for myself again.

Good luck with the pop up. I can't do jeep adventures with you camping but if your looking for a get away weekend we'll join in. We fish, bike ride and even geocache. Let us know...

84 Cj 7 AMC 150, 4.5" BDS Lift, Twin Stick, BF Goodrich 35s...

98 Grand Limited (Wife's)
    ~Always interested in trades~

• Stafford you suck! I just saw this on a Facebook advert and was going to post it! Maybe we should bring this up as a way to use some of the club funds at the next meeting.... :innocent:

Your life is made up of 2 dates and a dash... make the most of the dash!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!