Looking for D30/35 combo with 4.10 to swap out my stock 3.07 setup '99 TJ

• Before I drop the money on a re-gear I thought I might see if anyone here has a stock 4.10 setup laying in the garage taking up space.

Found one set fairly local but has 180k miles on it....seems a bit high.

Thanks,

• Before I drop the money on a re-gear I thought I might see if anyone here has a stock 4.10 setup laying in the garage taking up space.

Found one set fairly local but has 180k miles on it....seems a bit high.

Thanks,

Gears are probably fine. U can swap in your shafts and brakes and be good.

• Hmmm....Is there any sort of 27 spline axle upgrade that might be worth while? I'm just a bit nervous about losing a wheel while on the road.

Use will be running around town and beach duty.

What do you think would be a fair price? I'm thinking I would at least replace front brakes while I'm in there.

• Hmmm....Is there any sort of 27 spline axle upgrade that might be worth while? I'm just a bit nervous about losing a wheel while on the road.

Use will be running around town and beach duty.

What do you think would be a fair price? I'm thinking I would at least replace front brakes while I'm in there.

Anywhere from 2-400 for the pair. Why would u loose a wheel? Do u mean break a u-joint? U can upgrade to alloy shafts and joints or go with rcv shafts for strength but if all u do is beach stuff stock parts should be fine.

• spin the pinion and count the rotations of the lug studs. or look up the stamped marking.

I think the 3.07s were in the autos and 3.73 and 4.10s in the manuals or 30 inch tire package.

I wouldn't be afraid of putting in the 3.73s that Bob apparently has. It's still a much bigger jump than when people get bigger tires.

• Bobs turned out to be 3.07s. Still on the hunt.

3.73 would be fine I think but looking for 4.10 if possible and reasonably priced.

Bob. still have yours? i know a guy in oxford looking for a set (picked up a set, but were junk) shoot me a PM with price/availibility , and ill forward it along

• if you can wernch/modify
    swap the35 for a ford 8.8
    out of an explorer with disc breakthen look for the matching 30 front
    CLUE 4 cilender with manual trannies had the 410's

• I can wrench some but the welding on the 8.8 has me a bit nervous not to mention numerous people online talking of difficulties with it. Seems you need to get the placement perfect for it to work well.

• I can wrench some but the welding on the 8.8 has me a bit nervous not to mention numerous people online talking of difficulties with it. Seems you need to get the placement perfect for it to work well.

we had a member who welded up 8.8 all the time he awa called damutt but he moved out of state and took wild cherry with him

• as for the dana 30 it can be broken but I never broke mine and i ran 35's and tried having said thay I had a yj and they are high pinion

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!