3 inch lift 33 inch tires

• Has anyone done a 3 inch lift with 33 inch tires on their 2 door jk?
    I'm planning on doing this to mine.
    I'm wondering if I'm going to have to reprogram anything on my jeeps computer. Or anything like that. Is it just springs shocks and tires? Or am I looking at bigger more costly headaches?

As always thanks for your time.

• I added a 3in with 35s to my 4 door JK (2007) about three years ago. Here is a couple of things I ran across. It may or may not apply to the 2 door, but something to keep in mind. Your spedomoter will likely be off by 8-10 mph. I elected not to have this fixed and try to remember that if I am going 25, it is more like 35. However, the more pressing issue is the ESP (Electronic Stability Program) switch. There was actually a recall for lifted JKs over this issue, but in short, it misjudges your tire ratio. When you take a curve that is sharp, but your steering is dead on to handle it, the computer program trys to readjust your "skid" and the Jeep feels out of control and everything feels like it is locking up. I elected to have the switch disabled permanently. Regearing would be nice, but I need more to save more to do it the way I want :) That is all I have ran into on the 4 door JK thus far, hope it helps.
    Maria

• I added a 3in with 35s to my 4 door JK (2007) about three years ago. Here is a couple of things I ran across. It may or may not apply to the 2 door, but something to keep in mind. Your spedomoter will likely be off by 8-10 mph. I elected not to have this fixed and try to remember that if I am going 25, it is more like 35. However, the more pressing issue is the ESP (Electronic Stability Program) switch. There was actually a recall for lifted JKs over this issue, but in short, it misjudges your tire ratio. When you take a curve that is sharp, but your steering is dead on to handle it, the computer program trys to readjust your "skid" and the Jeep feels out of control and everything feels like it is locking up. I elected to have the switch disabled permanently. Regearing would be nice, but I need more to save more to do it the way I want :) That is all I have ran into on the 4 door JK thus far, hope it helps.
    Maria

Better yet, regear, unless the Jeep is only show..

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

• Or just get one of the dozens of programers to change the tire size some are not that much $ or pay $60 at the dealer. U are spending all that $ on the lift and tires, save a few more bucks up and correct the issue correctly. Gears can wait until u decide to upgrade once u get the speedo correct.

• Or just get one of the dozens of programers to change the tire size some are not that much $ or pay $60 at the dealer. U are spending all that $ on the lift and tires, save a few more bucks up and correct the issue correctly. Gears can wait until u decide to upgrade once u get the speedo correct.

x2

Anybody have a recommendation on which programmer I should get?
    And thanks for the imput guys, really good stuff

There are probably several out but I used the AEV Pro-Cal to tell the computer I was running 35's with 5.13 gears. It worked perfectly. I've never had an ESP issue either.

• x2

There are probably several out but I used the AEV Pro-Cal to tell the computer I was running 35's with 5.13 gears. It worked perfectly. I've never had an ESP issue either.

I have a Superchip with my 5.13 gears and 37's. I'll still get an ESP slip up if I take a corner hard but its livable. I dont think you'll have much to worry about if you only go 33's because it'll be really close to the stock tire size. If you plan on going with a larger tire and regearing later just save up and buy the programmer when you're ready. Personally I wouldn't worry about it with the set up you're planning.

• pro-cal rocks. can help you recenter your steering wheel too. has some cool features and easy to use.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!