Is a zone lift good

• Yesterday I went to rausch creek for the first time with the deja group and found out that I need to become taller to avoid futer damage to my jeep when off roading. I had looked at a couple lift kits and the zone off road 3" looks pretty good also my friend has the 4" and says he hasn't had any problems with it so far (about a year or so). I was just wondering what all you think is the best route. Thanks In advance

• Start with skid plate and rocker protection.

x3

being taller will just make you try taller obstacles. and you will still damage stuff. quality skidplates will are by far your best bet for protecting your underside. i never realized how big of a difference they made untill i hit some stuff on the underside of the jeep and was not worried at all...

• All of that being said after three years of wheeling I still have no skids underneath, I guess I missed that memo... :mrgreen: :driving:

• Get a skid with no hole, haha

That would be a Clayton skid. Functionality over practicality.

For the record, I've hit every skid on my Jeep including the radiator skid I made so much fun of. I have no protection on my JK but the oil pan is dented. Definitely start there.

As far as lifts, I've never heard of Zone but just research their shocks. See who makes them. That'll be your game changer.

• For the record, I've hit every skid on my Jeep including the radiator skid I made so much fun of.

I've hit my radiator skid so hard so many times that it is bent to the extent that, when I needed to remove it to do some work on the Jeep, it would not fit back on.

~ JD
    * WARNING - The above post may contain trace elements of biting sarcasm. Those with known sensitivities should avoid staring directly at it.

• I have a few scrapes and hits that certainly would have caused real damage potential. If you really plan to wheel it, Armor first. A lift will not offer much protection from rocks... 3-4" + tires..

Same goes for the winch vs locker debate, go for the lockers first, may not be cool looking, but YOU know they are there.

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

• If you really plan to wheel it, Armor first.

I might as well throw a suggestion in here for diff guards.

~ JD
    * WARNING - The above post may contain trace elements of biting sarcasm. Those with known sensitivities should avoid staring directly at it.

• I might as well throw a suggestion in here for diff guards.

Falls under Armor.. but certainly worth it, You can get "Solid" brand diff covers for about $65 each

- Diff covers
    - Rocker
    - Engine / oil skids
    - Gas Tank
    -

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

• I installed a Zone lift on a friends Jeep a few years back. It was pretty straight forward install. All the parts seemed quality for the price of the lift and the directions were very easy to follow. Its a nice entry level kit in my opinion. It cleared 33s with no problems and would likely have had plenty of room for 35s with a 1" body lift.

2000 Sahara, All custom...
    2000 Cherokee Police package, Beater....

I may be slowest and the stupidest

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!