Irish Renegade failed inspection

• :upset: The Irish Renegade failed De state inspection today. :question: They told me I failed because of section 4313.A in regards to the BODY LIFT. :question: :shrug: When I talked to him about a XJ he told me he has been doing inspections for over 20 years. And he :vader: knows when a Jeep has a body lift. :folded:

:rasp: Well I took it inside and they over ruled him. :rasp:

:upset: Then I had to get back in line #1 behind 15 cares just to get the paperwork corrected. :upset:

:note: It is still better then NJ inspection. :note:

• Good for you! :tup:

I was down at DMV twice in the last week (Cherokee and F-250), and things went smoothly for me. I was especially happy with the F-250 when they said to skip the emissions test (about 40 cars waiting on line) because the truck was too heavy. :rollsmile:

• had a budy form up there go thru inspection this morning in a grand and they wanted to fail him for more than 3 ins of lift so he called me and I went on the sight so I could give him the could and he could tell them they were wrong.... before he could call me back he moved up in line and the next guy corrected the newbie inspection guy..... they should really train these guys better

• It took the guy like 10 min trying to find the spark plugs on my diesel. :doh:

I get to go through inspection in a few months I believe, I'm looking forward to it again... :down:

• I have inspection in August. What is that about a lift on a Grand? I have 5", do you think i'll fail?

1999 Grand Cherokee WJ 3" lift JK Moabs 31" tire
    1993 Grand Cherokee 7" Long Arm, Badgeless, SOLD
    1981 CJ-7 4" Lift, 31" MTR's, Pretty Blue

• i went through the one in newark.

with a spring over and 35's. the only thing they measured was the amount the tire was sticking out from the flare. He said the law is 4" and I was 4.5 but he did not care. They didn't even preasurize my tank, just the cap. they never asked me how high it was or even measured.

I too, am with stupid<br />87XJ&nbsp;(gone), 97 ZJ W 31&quot; MT&#039;s (gone), 04 TJ W 3&quot; procomp springs/ 33&quot; BFG&nbsp; MT&#039;S (gone)<br />87 YJ- SOA - 39.5 Swampers-111&quot; wheel base, 4 link front, Atlas, 14 bolt, Dana 60 and stuff

• :note: The height was not the issue he said that they were cracking down on body lifts. :note: :question: Because some people are coming in with lifts made from wood, :shrug: old hockey pucks :hmm: and PVC pipe. :sniffle:

:question: I still want to know how to put a body lift on a Unibody? :question:

• It's all in which inspecter you get and what kind of mood he is in.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• I went through a few weeks ago and the guy was training another inspector, so they went through every little detail......They measured from the ground to the center of my head light.....With 4 inches of lift and an Inch and a quarter body lift they told me i still had about ten more inches till i was illegal. They did fail me for a side marker light that was out though...... :shrug:
    Never said anything about the tires sticking out of the fenders
    Ed

2000 Sahara, All custom...
    2000 Cherokee Police package, Beater....

I may be slowest and the stupidest

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!