delaware DMV inspection

• Well decided to run the jeep threw inspection with the 33" tires sticking out past the fenders by close to 3 to 4 inches. My intent was to show I tried until I got flares or swapped the tires in the near future. I almost fell on my ass when the guy said you passed and have a good day. Happy as hell!

• My fronts stick out about 2 iches (rears are covered) and they never pinged me ... yet

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

• I always got nailed.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• I would take it back and tell him he made a mistake. :mrgreen:

Years ago I took a old Triumph bike through, I had spent days getting everything to work ( The whole + ground thing ) So when he passed it without checking a thing, I went ahead and made him check the lights, horn and even started it for him. He was a little pissed at me for telling him to do his job.

• I think I'm between 1-2" outside the flare but it's close enough that it doesn't raise suspicion. I failed for the flares back in August..... because I forgot to put the rears back on.... :doh:

Your life is made up of 2 dates and a dash... make the most of the dash!

• They allow 1" past. But my brother got the XJ to pass last time with no front flares (4" or so) and the muffler disconnected. It's all about the attitude of the inspector! I was never that lucky, they even measured the bumper height once (29.5") and made me remove the DEJA membership sticker that was in the upper passenger corner, then almost made me take a sticker off the back window that I couldn't even see because the tailgate frame blocked it.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• They allow 1" past. But my brother got the XJ to pass last time with no front flares (4" or so) and the muffler disconnected. It's all about the attitude of the inspector! I was never that lucky, they even measured the bumper height once (29.5") and made me remove the DEJA membership sticker that was in the upper passenger corner, then almost made me take a sticker off the back window that I couldn't even see because the tailgate frame blocked it.

Next time tell them that when they need you to save their life you'll have to do ALL the required tests.... ya know, just to be sure! :innocent:

Your life is made up of 2 dates and a dash... make the most of the dash!

• I got my TJ inspected last week. The guy initially failed me because my KC fog lights and driving lights did not have covers. The lights did have the KC covers but he said they had to be full covers not the KC covers. I refused to accept this so he talked to another supervisor. He came back and passed me and said he was transferred from Dover where full covers were required. I don't get it, why would there be a double standard??

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!