i wantadvise on getting a vehical out of ayard on a salvage title

• I didn't have problems doing that with mine. I drove it to motor vehicle (which probably wasn't legal but it was only ½ mile).

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• The biggest problem I've heard of is get insurance on something with a salvage title. They will charge you an arm and a leg ( And some other choice body parts ) because they consider it a wreaked vehicle.

Having owned 3 R Titled vehicles I can say i've never had a problem insuring them. Biggest thing that I could ever see being a problem is if you ever totaled it would be getting a fair pay out. Most R Titled are only worth about 50% of what the same vehicle with a clean title are worth so expect to get a low pay out.

Neill

In a perfect world every dog would have a home and every home would have a dog.

• The biggest problem I've heard of is get insurance on something with a salvage title. They will charge you an arm and a leg ( And some other choice body parts ) because they consider it a wreaked vehicle

92Renegade is correct, since insurance is 90% based
    on driver, so long as the vehicle is considered legally
    roadworthy the only issue would be comprehensive.
    From a liability standpoint an insurance company
    cannot differentiate between ANY vehicles (though
    they will try.) In Delaware if you pay $100/yr liability
    on a Chevette you can only legally be charged $100/yr
    on your brand Corvette. The title status of an 80 honcho
    doesnt make it less safe to drive.

The bigger problem youre going to face Joe is getting
    a JY to sell a whole vehicle. In most states its illegal,
    but in Delaware the JY would be liable for any injury
    as a result of defect after the fact. Youre talking a
    potential million dollar lawsuit - i cant see any that
    would be willing to risk it...

• now I live in Pa. so might be different. both my 2010 JKU & 2012 cruze were salvaged from a junk yard.I got a scrap title with both,I repaired. every thing you fix has to be documented,keep all recits for parts new or used. if you use used parts you need the vin from the vehicle it came from. When I was finished,i took it to PennJersy, he's licened for reinspection, give him all your recits & $200. When its done I just take the paperwork to a notary,pay the registration fee & tax & you'r driving your new vehicle! Easy Peazy Lemon Squeezy

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!