** DEJA 101 Club Comp/Offroading 101 weekend @ Rausch Creek April 18/19 2015 **

• Alright, we're bringing back the 101 beginner offroading course! This, like all of our trail rides, is open to all and you do not need to be a paid member to attend. If this is your first time here feel free to sign up for a free forum account or register on the facebook link. Most of the discussion will be here vs facebook (https://www.facebook.com/events/1407278182910983).

Here's the plan...Saturday April 18th is the RCRocs club competition at Rausch Creek. DEJA will have a team competing against other local clubs on the comp course which is a good event to watch in general as well as learning a few things about wheeling. Usually we have a decent group up just to watch that day and I'd suggest newbies try to make it if you can. Free camping is available onsite though April weather still tends to be a little chilly at night. There's a few hotels within ~15 minutes of RC I can post if there's interest.

Then Sunday will be the 101 course. We'll still have a traditional trail ride so anyone who knows what they are doing can go out and do their thing. The DEJA trail bosses will be running the 101. We'll cover all of the basics of wheeling. Jeep specifics, recovery, picking your line, safety, trail etiquette and we'll definitely be hitting the trails. This is intended to be friendly for stock or modified Jeeps and no previous experience other than knowing how to turn the key is required. Everyone should plan on being there by 8:30AM with RC fees paid and ready to start in the parking lot by 9am.

Good info here about what to bring: https://www.delawareja.com/forum/index.php?topic=30.0

Rausch Creek park info including address/costs is here: http://rc4x4.org/ Normal Rausch Creek fees apply, the 101 course itself is free of charge.

PM me if you want me cell # to meetup the morning of.

Ask any questions you want!!

1) Stafford
    2)
    3)

Rough timeline will be:

Saturday -
    9AM - Start club comp (wheeling might not start till 10ish?)
    ~4PM - finish club comp...depends on # of teams, etc

Sunday
    8:30AM - Arrive at park, pay RC fees, find group
    9AM - Start 101 "class"
    ~10AM - hit the trails
    ~4PM - Head back to the RC parking lot, flexible depending on what the group wants

We will probably have at least two groups so the experienced group can hit the trails at 9 or whenever they are ready.

• As my Jeep is my DD and basically all stock, I've been leery due to being afraid of breaking something I can't fix (which is just about everything), but I really want to get out on some trails and see what I can get away with. I think I might come up for the Saturday comp and camp overnight if possible.

1) Stafford
    2) Formud +1
    3) JMack +1
    4) Mabus

• Joe-

We certainly can't guarantee anything but this trip will definitely be geared around minimizing the possibility of any trail damage and keeping it stock/dd friendly.

That's what makes this so appealing! I had a blast one time at the Pine Barrens with some awesome DEJA members and felt like I pushed the limits then without going overboard. All I really did before with the JK and the Liberty was driving on the sand to surf fish. I really want to get a feel for what my JK can do at RC. I have a limited budget, but I'm actually looking forward to needing new tires, lol. That's how I can sell an upgrade to SWMBO (and maybe justifying a lift to accommodate the new tires and then skid plates and then...).

• 1) Stafford
    2) Formud +1
    3) JMack +1
    4) Mabus
    5) Jkjeeper
    6) whatevah +1 sunday only
    7)

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• That's what makes this so appealing! I had a blast one time at the Pine Barrens with some awesome DEJA members and felt like I pushed the limits then without going overboard. All I really did before with the JK and the Liberty was driving on the sand to surf fish. I really want to get a feel for what my JK can do at RC. I have a limited budget, but I'm actually looking forward to needing new tires, lol. That's how I can sell an upgrade to SWMBO (and maybe justifying a lift to accommodate the new tires and then skid plates and then...).

I'm pretty amazed at what a stock JK can do and I'm betting you'll be as well. If my 25 year old YJ can make it through the greens and blues w/o any damage then your JK should be just fine. If you listen and do what your guide tells ya they'll get ya through it ok. My YJ is my DD as well so I have the same apprehenison about wheeling it.

1) Stafford
    2) Formud +1
    3) JMack +1
    4) Mabus
    5) Jkjeeper
    7) Kuntryboy816 (tentative)
    8)

Your life is made up of 2 dates and a dash... make the most of the dash!

• Why ya gotta go and delete people?? I'd say it was due to the baby but you're not preggers! Is 8 your lucky number or something? Maybe that accounts for all them kiddies... :razz:

• 1) Stafford
    2) Formud +1
    3) JMack +1
    4) Mabus
    5) Jkjeeper
    8) skeets682 + blackRubi and the dogs(going up Friday through Sunday)
    9) Keith.eric (Sunday only) (very tentative - depending on what this impending fetus decides to do).
    10) Flutterby + 2 kids

Looking to share a room or camp with someone - not gonna lie I hate setting up tents and not sure which Jeep I'm bringing - depends on if someone gets mine fixed, I might have to wheel his!

• I'll talk to Dawn and see if she and the kids want to come along. I have a pretty big tent that should be big enough for all. If I'm rolling solo, I'll more than likely just bring my hammock. This is all dependant on whether the YJ is up and running...

• 1) Stafford
    2) Formud +1
    3) JMack +1
    4) Mabus
    5) Jkjeeper
    8) skeets682 + blackRubi and the dogs(going up Friday through Sunday)
    9) Keith.eric (Sunday only) (very tentative - depending on what this impending fetus decides to do).
    10) Flutterby + 2 kids
    11) Shorebird 18/19 maybe Friday

'88 YJ, 4" suspension, 2"body lift, 456 locked F & R, 35-12.50-15 BFG KM2s on Cragar Soft 8's
    &'03 KJ, 2"+ shackle lift, armor, BBs, 245-70-16 BFG A/T TAs

• i'll be there with my kid, probably not wheelin unless the rental jeep is ready to go by then.

My trailer has 4 more beds then i will use. First come first serve. Dee gets dibs on the top bunk if she wants it.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!