bike shifter?

• I am looking for a bike shifter that I can use for throttle control, when off-roading.
    Know what I mean?
    Hopefully someone has one they can bring to the meeting tonight.
    Thanks

• I am looking for a bike shifter that I can use for throttle control, when off-roading.
    Know what I mean?
    Hopefully someone has one they can bring to the meeting tonight.
    Thanks

No shifter but how about a nice bell... :mrgreen:

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

• I cant make the meeting tonight but I'll look through my stuff at home. I've been a cyclist long enough that I might have one lying around. If you don't get one tonight let me know. If I can find one I could drop it the mail this week.

• I cant make the meeting tonight but I'll look through my stuff at home. I've been a cyclist long enough that I might have one lying around. If you don't get one tonight let me know. If I can find one I could drop it the mail this week.

Did not get a shifter, yet.
    If you find one, please let me know.
    Thanks

• Glen, are you looking for a gear selector/shifter or a hand brake?? I would think the hand brake and cable is what you'd want for a throttle control but I may be wrong. The hand brake has a return spring that will kill the throttle if you lose your grip for some reason. I guess you could set up a gear selector the same way if you add a spring at the end of the cable where you'd attach it to the throttle lever. :shrug:

Your life is made up of 2 dates and a dash... make the most of the dash!

• He wants a hand throttle... for when you need just a little throttle over bumpy trails. Idle isn't enough and the bumps throw your foot around giving a jerky/lurching throttle. Also handy for any time you want a higher idle for running a winch, OBA, etc. There are a lot of writeups, but here's a quick from from the famous Stu: http://www.stu-offroad.com/engine/throttle/jeep_throttle.htm

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• I think I have the other side from when I did mine a few years ago. Might need more cable though since I used the longer of the two. Definiatly a handy mod. Great for starting off on an incline/step-up or like jerry said, when it's just tough terrain to keep your foot steady. I definiatly use mine a lot when wheeling. If you loosen the tension screw it will auto return but I've only done that for the comp because it was part of the tech inspection rules.

• I've seen those items out there but, I don't think it's going to be that difficult on an older CJ.
    Those on the market looked like they were made for TJ's.

• I've seen those items out there but, I don't think it's going to be that difficult on an older CJ.
    Those on the market looked like they were made for TJ's.

Same concept...

Shifter, cable and attachment to the throttle whether it be carb or FI.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!