front end thud-wobble-thunk-shake

• Need some opinions. My jeep has a bad thud from what sounds like the right front end. When I hit a bump and also at times when just starting out from a roll. Was at Aarons last weekend and he looked at all linkage and it looks good. Also when slowing down with breaks on or off there was a side to side wobble/ hop. Got all 4 tires balanced and rotated last night and still there. Waiting on shocks to get here thinking it was the thud noise but with the side to side motion I am confused. Seems like it has gotten worse after the balance and rotation. Also at 50mph it gets real bad then goes away some at 55ish. Any ideas? It is driving my up the wall. Axle? Ball joints? I did not hit anything or wheel it.
    Jeep is a 04 rubicon.

• Bad u-joint comes to mind when I hear that. Loose track bar? I have a YJ, so forgive me if I am way off base. I would get under her, and wiggle the steering components. See if anything feels loose. Good luck. Keep us updated.

• check for cracked or warped brake rotors could be a caliper failing to release or a stuck show in older drum models

• 3 people under it and could find nothing. I will pull wheel this weekend to check breaks. Put new rotors and pads on end of last year , not that means much

• Check all your bushings; lower control arms, upper control arms, and track bar. Sounds like my what my wife's previous Grand Cherokee was doing.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• Wasnt able to get it on the lift. Eveything looked good when it was on the ground it still may be a tre but i ran out of time to diagnose.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!