SWAG offroad, JK drop down tailgate kit

• I recently purchased the swag drop down kit. I have most of the interior/reinforcement brackets glass beaded, and painted black. The exterior plate has not been touched yet. With the current condition of my tailgate, i will not be able to use this kit and would like to sell it. I might be able to return it to SWAG but would rather pass it on and save someone the time/shipping i have into it. 270 bucks , and i already did most of the painting. if no shipping is involved. DOES NOT include the tailgate vent cover option. WITHOUT VENT COVER (tramp stamp)
    http://www.swagoffroad.com/JK-…With-Vent-Cover_p_20.html

• They keep the old hinges on there to just cover the old holes?

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• On a TJ the upper plate is the mount for the latch and the lower plate is a filler. On the JK photos at the website linked above, the first two photos show the upper one as a filler plate while the third photo shows it as the mount for the latch. My guess he has pictures from different stages of design and/or build on the website.

From his:

My old TJ:
    [img width=1200 height=900]http://www.delawareja.com/gall…d=26666&g2_serialNumber=1[/img]

• 3 are filler plates. There is a lower 1/4 steel sheet that goes all the way across the tailgate. It uses 2 of the factory hinge holes to help spread the load across the hinge points. There are numerous filler plates/inserts/brackets that go inside the tailgate and on the tub to support the cables. it is rated to hold 400LB. it is quite a solid design, and well thought out for a "bolt on" kit (just have to drill a couple holes) stainless hardware included.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!