DEJA Surf Fishing Tournament

• Well, despite the touch and go weather I think we had a great turn out.

I counted 15 Jeeps total including a couple late arrivals.

Sara (SarasGP) took the pool with a 26" blue.

Andrew, Sara, Patti and myself hung around till about 7pm and the weather had become quite pleasant.

Thanks to everyone for coming out and I hope all had fun.

Some pics HERE More to come...

• I am sorry I couldn't make it but I needed to stay local. The wife is getting pretty close. We have a c-section schedualed for the 11th. The babies are a little over 6 lbs each at 36 weeks and are very active little suckers! Thanks to Keith who took care of the tradition, it looks like fun was had by all!
    This is my wife during last nights Blue Rocks Game.

Steve

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

• Wow!

6 lbs. each for twins! I had always thought twins typically were smaller at birth. She has such a small frame too. I hope all goes well. Be sure to look my wife up. I'm not sure if she is working the 11th though.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• I had a nice time "trying" to catch fish- no luck though. It was great seeing everyone and just hanging out and relaxing.

Congrats to Sara for the winning catch. :up:

I have pics but will post them later in the week. I'm sill at my daughters in Dover and she still has dial up. :sniffle:

• In anticipation of teaching film cameras to my students in a few weeks, I took a film camera to the beach. I'll turn the film in tomorrow. Geeez this is way too slow!

We had a great time, very relaxing. I don't think I even got the bait wet.

DrJ

• Looks like everyone had a a great time!

Keith you pics look good
    the one of slimer in the fog is cool

However, I like this one for the home page

What do you think?

• I got the one with me in the fog on my desk top. I wish I had my other lights on.

But, I agree, I think we have a good feature picture for the home page. Entitle it, "Jeep Chicks with ATTITUDE".

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• Quote from "Slimer"

I got the one with me in the fog on my desk top. I wish I had my other lights on.

But, I agree, I think we have a good feature picture for the home page. Entitle it, "Jeep Chicks with ATTITUDE".

It's more like "Wet Jeep Chick trying to break Keith's camera so he'd stop taking pictures of me looking like the sea witch and start taking pictures of my Jeep"......... j/k Keith you know I still love you :heart:

Seriously I had a blast and I would have even if I didn't win the tournament. A day at the beach with good friends in any kind of weather is a gift. Thanks again Patti for taking me on the gas/coffee/potty/dodge the touron WaWa run :rolleyes:

If it&#39;s not dirty, I&#39;m not having fun!<br /><br />&#39;97 TJ SE 5 speed 4 banger - NO BLING<br /><br />REAL JEEPS HAVE 2 DOORS!

• Here are a few pics from the day-after at Herring Point.

We caught a couple fish, Jen caught a 24" striper but had to toss it back.

Sara showed up with Wawa coffee. :spinrhead:

We all stayed and watched the fireworks.

A few more HERE

• Maybe that's why it sunk?

Where was DRJs Liberty when it was needed? That would be a good photo op. for his class.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• Quote from "quadna71"

that excursion looks a little big for being out in the sand. hmph - the more and more i see all of these pictures the more and more it makes me want to take back up surf fishing again.
    chris :hmm:

Once she got it rolling, they were fine.

I was waiting for her to run over the rope dangling from the front hooks, but she got lucky.

The fishing is like a bonus. I just enjoy the sand, sun & surf.

And of course, the occasional glimpse of some of nature's beauties is nice too. :grin:

• Well put Keith
    Just to be out on the surf with family and great friends makes up
    for the fish we dont catch.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!