ISO .50 BMG brass casing

• Looking to see if anyone has a spent .50BMG brass casing I can acquire. I'm only looking for 1, maybe 2, casings for a project.

THEY MUST BE SPENT CASINGS! As much as I wished I did, I do not have a firearm to expend the cartridge and I would not be comfortable disassembling a live round.

This might be reaching a little but a spent/demilled 20mm shell would be more awesome!! :innocent:

Your life is made up of 2 dates and a dash... make the most of the dash!

• Hood ornament?? :shrug:

• Hey Jeremy , you left your hammer at the last club meeting...

Love your cold air induction too ...

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

• Thanks for the info everybody! I'm going to to order those 20mm casings from DKB today (thanks Ian). They might be a little big for my intended project but having them in hand to compare will determine which size I end up using. If I don't use them for this, I'm sure I'll find another use for them. I don't drink but I've seen a lot of people make shot glasses out of them.... :innocent:

Sasquatch- Thanks for the offer sir. Do you think you could drop a couple off at Terry's before Sunday? They are heading up this way Sunday and we're meeting up. If ya can't, no worries... we can meet up when you're available. If you can spare me 5 of them, that'd be awesome and let me know how much ya want for them. :up:

• Thanks for the brass Sasquatch! I fooled around with it a little last night to see how it'd look. I'll have to figure out the mounting issue as the cartridge neck is a hair wider than the thickest point of the shifter stalk. I'm thinking some sort of epoxy to fill the casing and then mouny it to the stalk and allow it to dry and harden.

• Another thought that I had was to wrap the shift stalk in paracord to increase the diameter, add some cotton or some type of filler to the casing and then mount the casing to the stalk. The filler would be to keep the casing from wobbling around on the end of the stalk. I figure paracord's always handy to have in case of emergencies and the cotton can be used as a quick fire starter too. Since that wouldn't be a permanent mount, I could experiment with it for fitment.

• Another thought that I had was to wrap the shift stalk in paracord to increase the diameter, add some cotton or some type of filler to the casing and then mount the casing to the stalk. The filler would be to keep the casing from wobbling around on the end of the stalk. I figure paracord's always handy to have in case of emergencies and the cotton can be used as a quick fire starter too. Since that wouldn't be a permanent mount, I could experiment with it for fitment.

You could also use it to conceal a cyanide capsule in case you are captured by the enemy.

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

• maybe a thin strip of rubber inside a hose clamp... tighten tighten and tighten until the brass forms to the shifter arm then remove the clamp?

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• maybe a thin strip of rubber inside a hose clamp... tighten tighten and tighten until the brass forms to the shifter arm then remove the clamp?

I like the idea and I'll give it a shot. I'll still need to fill the cartridge with something to keep the brass from moving/wobbling on the stalk.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!