Pro-Comp 4" Vs Rubicon Express 4" for 89 YJ

• Anyone have pro's or con's either way? Light to moderate off-road with some on-road and maybe eventually to the beech. (not sure I trust to take it that far YET)

• I think you'll find more emphasis leaning towards the RE lift from most Jeep owners. I have no personal experience with either but they do have a quality name brand and a good product. Depending on price comparison, you should check out BDS as well.

Your life is made up of 2 dates and a dash... make the most of the dash!

• After talking to Aaron about which long arm lift to go with he advised me to bypass the RE kits, said they are way over rated

• Sorry bob but apples and oranges with yj and tj lifts. I do like the re springs for a yj. Btw procrap will ride like garbage. I recommend either the re or better yet a bds with lifetime warrentee and a set of bilstein shocks. This will give u the best possible ride in a yj.

• RE is good all around, but there are better options for complete kits for TJs. YJs are a lot simpler, though and RE is probably still the best choice. Just keep in mind that RE lifts generally sit a bit higher on a light Jeep, the 4" spec is when it's got front and rear steel bumpers, winch, skids, and loaded with camping gear. On a light Jeep, expect 5" of lift, maybe a little more. (This means there's no avoiding doing an SYE and driveshaft.)

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• I'll 2nd BDS right now I have BDS springs on the front and a set of RE on the rear of my YJ. Can't beat the BDS warranty.

Neill

In a perfect world every dog would have a home and every home would have a dog.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!