Tires for inspection

• I miss JEEPKID.

No one could squeal like a pig like he could. :hysterical:

:laughabove: :laughabove: :laughabove: :laughabove: :laughabove: :laughabove: :laughabove:
    I had the <ahem> pleasure of meeting him/them in person.... :doh:

FWIW, I agree about tires sticking out too far on the roadways. My wallet is about $750 or more lighter due to replacing windshields in my wife's previous car.

Your life is made up of 2 dates and a dash... make the most of the dash!

Edited once, last by Kuntryboy816 ().

• insurance didn't pay for it? when I needed mine replaced, it was replaced for free with no chance to my monthly payments

Damn insurance never did for my windshield on my old sports car >:( $300-400 later... They said they would cover a chip and sealing it but mine was a vertical crack about 75% of the windshield. Heating duct blowing on a frozen windshield found a chip at the very top of the glass I didn't even know about. Left shop no crack...walked in an hour later with a crack.

• insurance didn't pay for it? when I needed mine replaced, it was replaced for free with no chance to my monthly payments

That's :cuss: State Farm for ya. They're also the reason I have tens of thousands of debt in medical bills.........

A lot of states cover windshield glass separately from your typical insurance claim with no surcharge, DE law doesnt...its covered under comprehensive. Your particular policy may include it as a no cost replacement (likely built it). JeffsJK can probably explain it even better if he sees this.

• A lot of states cover windshield glass separately from your typical insurance claim with no surcharge, DE law doesnt...its covered under comprehensive. Your particular policy may include it as a no cost replacement (likely built it). JeffsJK can probably explain it even better if he sees this.

Some will also cover a repair for free, but not replacement.

• the hot rod is probably registered as classic and has various inspection exemptions. that also comes along with a restriction on miles allowed to be driven per year.

disclaimer - I am not defending the laws/regs, I think they are entirely too intrusive into peoples lives, but im just trying to show the broader picture.

a lot of people bitch about the jeeps with tires that stick out past the flares because it will throw rocks, but most jeeps (ESPECIALLY lifted jeeps) don't have any coverage on the rear of the tire until well over half the height of the tire. this is where rocks will be thrown from, not the "1.5inches" on the top that's not covered.

end rant. sorry for the tangent.

• His tags started with SR which I can only guesstimate was "Street Rod(?)". :shrug:

Don't get me wrong, that thing was awesome and I even shot the guy a wave at the light previous to that picture. I was just a little miffed that he could be on the same road as me and not be subject to the same mandate for tire coverage. Shoot, when I picked up my YJ from the People's Republic of Jersey, the guy had mud flaps hanging off of the rear flares. NJ requirement....

• Street rids still need to pass initial inspection also. I'm sure he had some kind of fenders on it when it went through the first time. Had a friend with a T-Bucket that wouldn't pass without fenders even though it never had them.

2000 Sahara, All custom...
    2000 Cherokee Police package, Beater....

I may be slowest and the stupidest

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!