Bumpstop question with 2" BB

• I installed the Teraflex leveling kit on my JKU. 2" front, 1" rear. Tires are 295/70/17 with 4.75" BS for the wheels, stock shocks. Kit didn't come with bumpstops and honestly I hadn't really thought about it til now with the 2 Rausch trips coming up. Will the mild trails lead to a lot flex and possibly hitting my fenders? Could i run the mild (green i think) trails with sway bars connected to minimize this til I can get them ordered and installed before the April trip, or could that mess up the sway bar since i don't think they're meant for that kind of force? I should have just done it at 1 time but I plan on getting 2" bumpstop extensions asap I just doubt they'll get on by next weekend.

https://imgur.com/a/xQ0SR

• Green trails are pretty much like fire roads.

I've had my Ford Ranger on the equivalent.

Keeping the sway bar connected will limit flex and should prevent any major interference issues.

You can't hurt a sway bar.

• You only need 1" bumpstop extenders for that size tire (33.3" OD vs 32" OD, so a radius change of roughly 3/4"). The old-school trick is glue some hockey bumps onto the axle where the bumpstop will hit. Hit up the local sporting goods store for the pucks and the hardware store for some epoxy and you'll be good to disconnect the swaybar.

If you don't have quick-disconnect swaybar links, I wouldn't bother. Unless you want to run blue trails, you won't see much of a difference. If you're running with me in the 101 group, we might hit some easier blues (trail 12) where you'll still be ok with the swaybar connected.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• I installed the Teraflex leveling kit on my JKU. 2" front, 1" rear. Tires are 295/70/17 with 4.75" BS for the wheels, stock shocks. Kit didn't come with bumpstops and honestly I hadn't really thought about it til now with the 2 Rausch trips coming up. Will the mild trails lead to a lot flex and possibly hitting my fenders? Could i run the mild (green i think) trails with sway bars connected to minimize this til I can get them ordered and installed before the April trip, or could that mess up the sway bar since i don't think they're meant for that kind of force? I should have just done it at 1 time but I plan on getting 2" bumpstop extensions asap I just doubt they'll get on by next weekend.

https://imgur.com/a/xQ0SR

I recently installed this kit for someone too and was surprised that it didn't come with bump stop extentions. I have installed a few Zone Offroad Budget boosts and they come with them.

• You only need 1" bumpstop extenders for that size tire (33.3" OD vs 32" OD, so a radius change of roughly 3/4"). The old-school trick is glue some hockey bumps onto the axle where the bumpstop will hit. Hit up the local sporting goods store for the pucks and the hardware store for some epoxy and you'll be good to disconnect the swaybar.

If you don't have quick-disconnect swaybar links, I wouldn't bother. Unless you want to run blue trails, you won't see much of a difference. If you're running with me in the 101 group, we might hit some easier blues (trail 12) where you'll still be ok with the swaybar connected.

That was my plan when i saw you taking a 101 group. I will get the other parts before the trip in April and be a little more adventurous.

• I recently installed this kit for someone too and was surprised that it didn't come with bump stop extentions. I have installed a few Zone Offroad Budget boosts and they come with them.

The teraflex budget boost comes with bumpstops but the leveling kit doesn't. I don't understand why since the front spacers are almost the same size.

• The teraflex budget boost comes with bumpstops but the leveling kit doesn't. I don't understand why since the front spacers are almost the same size.

Your right, it was the leveling kit not the BB. Going to forego disconnecting my first trip and ill get a bit more adventurous in April.

• Air down your tires to 15-20psi, it'll make a world of difference. That, and forget 4hi, just use 4lo. :)

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

• I usually do 12ish w/o beadlocks and never had a problem. awesome grip and conforms great

It depends on the sidewalls, I guess... I could go down to 12 psi with my E-rated KM2s before the sidewalls were noticeably bulged, but the stock MTs would be noticeable at 18ish. I usually just say 15-20 as a good ballpark for JKs because of the extra weight.

Jerry / Whatevah

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!