** June 4th Rock Run Trail Ride Sign Up***

• I emailed the office yesterday just as a heads up with our group size and asked about securing camping again. They do have an event going on that day but it shouldn't affect us much is a Polaris dealer. They say they'll have some demos there to ride so maybe we can convince them it is a good idea to let us drive one... [size=4px]June, 4th 2016[/size][size=4px]: [/size][size=4px]Martin Marine Customer App. Day[/size][size=4px] [/size]

• I would have no issues with paying for my own campsite. You guys may prefer it due to my snoring. I was on a motorcycle trip across the country on a Dual Sport loop called the Trans American Trail. At one camp ground I woke up in the morning with everybody's tents about 50' away. The thing is we all started out plotted on one site within a 30' circle.

Do they assign camping spots ahead of time or is it a first come first serve situation?

I was contemplating chucking my Husky in the bed of my truck. I haven't ridden my dirt bike in a couple years. If they are doing demos I may have to chuck my helmet and goggles in the back seat either way.

• I snore like a train too so no worries.....the site are basically all big enough to fit a truck and trailer and have enough room to set up a tent next to it. If you have a quad or something, the place is full of awesome atv trails. Just right near the camp site there are plenty of hills and whoopty doos to mess around on. Im debating bringing my Honda ATC just for shits and giggles. :innocent: When we went up last year there was literally nobody else there, so i wouldnt worry too much about find a camp site. Its a huge area so space is not an issue.

Here are a few pics and videos from last year....You can sorta get the idea of how wide open the area is.
    http://www.delawareja.com/forum/index.php?topic=41131.30

2000 Sahara, All custom...
    2000 Cherokee Police package, Beater....

I may be slowest and the stupidest

Edited once, last by 2000sahara ().

• Rockrun replied to my email and confirmed camping is first come first serve. But, he did offer that if give them a call he can reserve sites for us. I think we'll be fine getting there on a Thursday

• What time do you guys intend on rolling out tomorrow?

I'm loading up tonight and taking everything to work and rolling directly from work. I normally don't leave work until anywhere from 4-5 but I'm going to see if I can sneak out a little early. If I leave at my normal time I wouldn't make it up there until after dark and I don't feel like struggling in the dark to find this place.

• Just called RR and reserved a couple sites but was told it shouldn't be any issue with space tomorrow.

A couple of us are rolling by noon tomorrow. I think astape is leaving after work too from N. Wilmington.

• There is a decent chance I need to bail on this to attend a funeral. Waiting to hear when all the arrangements are made.

Sorry for your loss, Geoff. Please let us know as soon as you find out the arrangements. If you can't make it, Will and I will be the only ones in the sub-40" group.

• Hopefully the pete will be rolling in the 3-6 timeframe. Just depends on how busy i get at work.

• Go or no go?

It appears that Jay gave Geoff a whole 40 minute grace period past the noon decision deadline.

~ JD
    * WARNING - The above post may contain trace elements of biting sarcasm. Those with known sensitivities should avoid staring directly at it.

• So my thoughts on Rock Run after not having been there since 2009 (before it officially opened)....it's still 95% an ATV park. There's really only 2 sections for Jeep trails, there was another but they closed it since last year since those trails crossed too many ATV trails and I guess they had a couple near misses or something. The trail markings are better than AOAA in one way, Rock Run actually marks trails instead of intersections, but they give you a Jeep specific map which only lists the trails you are supposed to be on. I get that they are trying to keep full sized vehicles off the ATV trails but it also doesn't include some connector trails/main roads so if you are at the intersection of trail 1 and trail 2 but neither of those are listed on the map you're kinda screwed which results in ending up on ATV trails you shouldn't be on. The right way to do it, imho, would be to have a full map and for the Jeeps to just stay off the ATV trails. I get what they are doing, just think the execution is less than stellar. The one thing I remember from going back in '09 was there was a lot of tight trails which is understandable since it was new. Even the Jeep trails (not that we ended up on any ATV trails ahem) are still pretty tight which requires a lot of multi-point turns if you don't want to rub down a tree. The park office said they hadn't had any Jeeps there in 3 weeks.

We found a few fun trails but I don't think there was 2 days worth of stuff to do and it's hard to justify the 4+ hour drive. It's not up to me but I'd say, given the low attendance, next year we change the official DEJA ride back to RC for June and if the 40" crew wants to still do Rock Run they can.

Also, I broke a bunch of stupid crap. Front ujoint and the bolts on my rear brake caliper rattled loose. Thanks to Aaron for replacing the front ujoint for me.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!