***2016 Surf Fishing Tournament (July 3rd) sign up***

• As of now, Kathy and I are planning on coming down Saturday morning. I have to wait to see how her knee feels. Not sure if walking on the sand is a good idea.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• We will be in Kathie's Jeep. I will let you know.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• Out on herring point. Awesome day.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

• What time are folks hitting the beach tomorrow?

Ill be out like 7:30-8, Horseshoe crabs is all we caught today

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

• I'm coming down tommorow morning with my pick up since the jeep is still in pieces. I don't surf fish often because I'm usually in a kayak or boat. Kayak especially at Cape Henlopen.

Where will everyone be? From looking at the map it appears at the navy crossing you basically have to go right and you will eventually hit a closed section. Should I just look for a group of jeeps and I'll be the odd man out with a pick up?

Hope fishing s good tommorow. I took the boat out today and we only caught about 8 sharks and a big ray. Normally it's much better. We had horrible issues with crabs stealing bait and literally think our hooks were without bait half the time. It wasn't like that two weeks ago. I recommend checking your bait often with what I experienced today.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• When you enter the park make the left right at the guard shavk then make the right to go towards herring point. Eventually you'll come up to a small concrete building and air stations on the left. That's navy crossing. Enter there and make a left onto the beach. Take that down to the big dune and we will be around there.

• Today earlier they were inspecting every vehicle coming onto the beach. They were making sure you have EVERYTHING stated in the rules that you are supposed to have, including the registration paperwork so they can match it to your vehicle. So be prepared.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• So how did it go?

:fishing:

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• Great day! Weather was alright-ish. Could have been better but certainly could have been worse. It never actually "stormed" but there were several periods of rain and a lot of clouds. We actually had a decent number of people trying to win this year which was nice. Will came out of the gate strong as you can see above. On top of those there was a regular crab caught, a ton of horseshoe crabs and....wait for it...an actual fish! It was caught on deadfeat's pole with quadna offering some reeling assistance while deadfeat was actively fishing somewhere else for the moment. Deadfeat gets credit for the goal with an assist noted in the annals of DEJA. Standard campfire debauchery, of course, ensued but we won't recap any of that. :camping: :beer: :flag:

• This guy should get a prize. He actually managed to catch one of the crabs they kept stealing our bait.

I took my dogs to the beach for their first time. It was a little bit of a hassle with them but I felt bad about leaving them home the previous day crated up. They seemed to like the waves.

I'm still not a big fan of surf fishing basically because I've never caught much but I had an enjoyable time. I thought I was a shoe in when I caught a skate at about 10:15, basically immediately after releasing the horse shoe crab. Probably before the crabs had time to swarm on the bait.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!