***2016 Surf Fishing Tournament (July 3rd) sign up***

• This will be held at Navy Crossing Beach, all are welcome ! If you have any questions or comments you may also post them here :fishing:

1. Sandtostand

• Most important topic...giveaways! We're gonna do two things this year.

#1 - This is the custom made trophy to the biggest fish caught that day. Exact rules will be posted at some point, basically whatever we did in past years that I'm too lazy to search for right now. It says DEJA 2016 Surf Fishing Tourney on the base now, this was an early pic. Last year was kind of a bust since no one actually caught anything, hopefully this encourages people to throw more than lead in the water. The trophy was made locally by Hammered Pig Ironworks. Definitely check them out...very cool stuff. https://www.facebook.com/HammeredPig/

#2 - I'm sure that everyone will be actively fishing all day long but we wanted to do something for those that may not be as competitive on the fishing front. We'll give away a Weber Q2200 portable grill to one randomly selected DEJA member present the day of the tournament. These grills are awesome and easy to tote around to the beach. I'm leaning towards shipping it to the winner after the tournament so I don't have to schlep it and my grill. If anyone wants to bring it, let me know.

• 1. Sandtosand
    2. Deadfeat - camping
    3. quadna
    4. willf650
    5. KnoxRents (Solo woohoo!!!) Camping site 10
    6. JKGray10 - camping
    7. Stafford - camping
    8. Captain II
    9. HuntinDE
    10. JMack and family
    11. TheDarkSide
    12. nutrijeeeper

• Trophy looks amazing ! :8)

Note to the Newbies to this event:

[li]It has become tradition to share special food, drinks snacks... so consider preparing your beach specialty ! [/li]
      [li]There are always plenty grills to use, don't be shy. [/li]
      [li]Plan to stay out well into the evening if you wish, this party goes most of the night.[/li]
      [li]Its cool to bring a dog but leave your cat at home, keep them leashed.[/li]
      [li]Ocean Kayaks are fun out there, bring one if you want.[/li]
      [li]Keep your drones, guns and fireworks at home all are illegal at State Parks. [/li]
      [li]Some of us take fishing more seriously than others, please be courteous and swim only where people are not actively fishing.[/li]
      [li]Teach kids to keep clear of anyone casting[/li]
      [li]If you are not seriously fishing, please use a sh*t ton of weight to keep your rig planted in one spot and not drift and tangle other lines or kids.[/li]
      [li]Most of us bring an easy up and folding chairs. [/li]
      [li]Super Tip for all, bring baby powder or corn starch, douse your kids with it and all the sand falls off. Clean and dry. Works just as good for adults too. [/li]
      [li]One word: Sunscreen[/li]

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

Edited once, last by deadfeat ().

• Most important topic...giveaways! We're gonna do two things this year.

Are you guys going to be doing the annual stickers again this year? If you decide against since you've done a lot already, I can always have Lisel make a bunch up and sell them for a buck or two a piece to cover vinyl if people are interested. :shrug:

(These but they have the year of the event on them.)

• Go for it Bill. They are great stickers. Why not leave the year off for future

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

• Go for it Bill. They are great stickers. Why not leave the year off for future

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

I see what you're saying. We took the year off the club comp shirts for that reason and it worked well if we had leftovers.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!