New to jeeps wanna join

• Hello all just got a 1994 wrangler yj
    Looking for a club to join ....definitely wanna upgrade it lift kits and all but for now getting it all fixed up and back in better shape

• Awesome. There's a lot of knowledge on this board and so don't hesitate to ask. Try using the search function to read up on past posts as well.

1rst thing to do with the build up is figure out a plan based on what you want to do with it and of course what your budget is.

Remember, the magazines and websites will sell you anything and everything. What you need to determine is what you actually need and prioritize it. Then you'll have your list of WANTS and NEEDS.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• First thing I did was pull out all the carpet cleaned it all out really well and sprayed the back with bed liner I was going to paint it back to original but didn't think I should since I plan on using my jeep lol
    Next I went to install running boards but broke a body mount so that's now on my list of things to do when it cools down outside I hAve the bushing kit already but I may return it and do a lift on it haven't decided yet ...when I purchased the jeep it came with 2 sets of seats I'm selling the other front seats and stripping the other back seat to make a fishing rod rack and storage so I can use it at the beach ... I do have a small lightbar project going on this week that my girlfriend funded for me (goals) but other than that it'll stay the same till I can shop around for the best prices and I feel confident on my knowledge to work on it

• Welcome! :wavey:

Depending on the condition of the rear seat, I'd be interested in taking it off of your hands if you're ditching it for use. I have kids so I still need to keep one in the Jeep.

Your life is made up of 2 dates and a dash... make the most of the dash!

• Welcome! :wavey:

This is the club to join. :up:

~ JD
    * WARNING - The above post may contain trace elements of biting sarcasm. Those with known sensitivities should avoid staring directly at it.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!