**Surf Fishing Tournament 2017 - July 2nd**

• Grate time . Just got home. Thanks for everyone who helped me with my dog ! She definitely felt the love ❤. Thanks to Jen and Aaron who let me hang my hammock last night at their site. Spoke to a Park Ranger, he said there was a serious drunken brawl / assault down the way Sunday night. He told me the ranger hit 70mph on the beach!

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

I think that's the ranger we saw screaming south on Herring Point last night. Also can't believe how mellow Luna is for only being 8 months old.

• We missed a drunken brawl? Damn. Probably wouldn't be good for the kids to see. But it could also have been a learning moment

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• We missed a drunken brawl? Damn. Probably wouldn't be good for the kids to see. But it could also have been a learning moment

All we saw was the ranger ripping down the beach at 70mph when were were at Herring Point. Drunken brawls are always entertaining.

Lucky for us the whole thing was caught on camera...

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

• Wow...video!

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• Fights usually happen when there is cattle or revered animals involved.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• Fights usually happen when there is cattle or revered animals involved.

Yo bro.. don't be disrespecting ma heffer !

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

• Me too...

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• Thanks to everyone who came out! Attendance was awesome, I heard someone counted 29 Jeeps, I really wish we were allowed to run a drone to get a group pic. Congrats to @Spedly on taking home the trophy. I think we went 3 or 4 years without anything being caught and he managed to pull in 2 fish, a shark and a horseshoe crab. @Dugan from MidKnight Fabrications made the awesome trophy, be sure to get with him if you need any Jeep work (lifts, gears, fabrication, you name it) or metal art. Congrats to @Captain II for winning the RTIC cooler raffle. Since I didn't win (again) I'm announcing that DEJA will be doing daily giveaways for RTIC coolers until we run out of money or I win. :)

Our Adopt-A-Beach sign has been down for about a year and a half after a winter storm took it. I had emailed DNREC a couple times about it and reminded them 2 weeks, I'm very happy to say it's back up!

PLEASE READ - We need to decide the 2018 date asap. The 4th is unfortunately on a Wednesday. Bob and I are leaning towards doing the tournament on Sunday 7/1/18. Henlopen reservations are open for that weekend so we need to grab spots -now-.

• Great time and great weather. Once I got over my casting / line breaking problem I got down to some serious fishing/feeding the fish. Didn't help any of course. You never know who will stop by while out on the beach.

Images

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• Talking with a few people on the side it seems like the preference for next years tournament is the weekend before. I think Sunday is better but there have been some requests for Saturday. I dunno if we need that level of detail quite yet but we do need to decide on the weekend before or after the 4th. If I don't here any compelling arguments for the weekend after we'll call the weekend before soon.

• With the 4th being midweek you may get less people camping and more people day tripping. Therefore I'd choose a Saturday. That way people will have Sunday to recuperate.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• My vote would be to always have it the. First Saturday of July no
    Matter what date it actually fell on, that way people can make plans knowing when it will be held annually.

• I would say the Saturday after the 4th people could just come down the end of the week and only have to take two days off

My math isn't good but If the 4th falls on a Wednesday, you only need to take two days off either way. Two before or two after will give you 5 days.

2000 Sahara, All custom...
    2000 Cherokee Police package, Beater....

I may be slowest and the stupidest

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!