It's just about time.

• the hell with the smallies, the Chesapeake will be exploding with huge female cow stripers any day now...... we'll be in moab right when things are turning on

• I dropped my boat in the water last Sunday for a test run to check out a new fish finder I installed over the winter. There wasn't a sole out there fishing as it was 45 degrees. I'm about ready to go, fish finder is good to go and there are reports coming in from the Chesapeake already.

I got antsy on one of the warm days in February and never thought to check the ramps. They didn't have any docks in the water when I tried at two location. They did have one dock in at Delaware City but it was low tide and the ramp was full of silt from lack of use I didn't want to get covered in mud. I also did'n't think my truck would be able to pull up the mud covered ramp.

The docks are in at the couple ramps I checked at this point but the old canal bridge in Delaware City is still closed so if you use that ramp you will have to access it by crossing the Reedy Point bridge. The new bridge they are putting over the old canal looks a lot lower to the water then the old one so you may no longer be able to pass underneath it.

• I like smallies! I was on the sass yesterday getting rained on. Tough day. Caught about 20 stripes a few weeks ago and a few largemouth. I can't wait to get out in the susky as soon as I get back from Moab. Andy we have to set up a day. May be Planning an Onieda trip in early June also.

2000 Sahara, All custom...
    2000 Cherokee Police package, Beater....

I may be slowest and the stupidest

• That sounds fun Ed. I'm also going to be hitting Raystown lake in PA this spring. I've got a place near the lake and it is currently unoccupied, so I'm going to take advantage of it. You are welcome to come up there if you want. State record strippers up there! Big smallies too. No shoreline development makes it a wilderness experience.

• stopped by the conowingo yesterday on the way home from the transmission shop. there were three guys casting rainbow colored rapalas catching schoolie sized stripers every couple casts

• I'm sure the water is running high at Conowingo, it's up into the trees on a lot of the river upstream. Raystown Lake is just waking up, caught a few bass and some dinner sized 14" black crappies, which we ate.

The bass are early prespawn, main lake points.
    We rounded a bend and there was a flock of turkeys with a big old gobbler strutting his stuff. They didn't notice us for a few minutes, it was fun to watch.

The gobbler is the blob on the right.
    I'm heading back up today till early next week, hopefully the bite will improve. Ed, send a pm if you want to come fish. I'm hoping to spend most weekends up there until June, when the pleasure boaters take over

• External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Your life is made up of 2 dates and a dash... make the most of the dash!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!