Info on aftermarket bumpers on a TJ

• Hey all... Looking to upgrade my stock bumpers. Want some feedback on brand and styles. Currently have a winch with stinger mounted on stock now. Do want to keep both, or if the new bumper already has a winch mount and stinger. For the rear I want a swing away tire carrier. I have upgraded my stock tail lights to LED and installed reverse lights in the stock bumper, so I want one with LED lights in it or non tubular so I can drill and install new ones. I'm sure there may be a few people on here that would love to spend other people's money (I'm one if them) soooooo, I definitely want to keep it under $1,000. Thanks a bunch

If you're afraid of struggle, then you're afraid of growth. You have to go through it to get to it. Let it build you, not break you.

• Check out Quadeatec's tent sale next Sat. Oct. 7th you may find what you are looking for. I myself am a fan of AtoZ Fabrication front and rear bumpers.

Neill

In a perfect world every dog would have a home and every home would have a dog.

• i agree with what Neill said. Take a look at what AtoZ has to offer. Zach has added/removed/changed whatever i wanted, at little to no additional cost. Im a fan of bare bumpers too so that i can prime and paint them myself so i know whats under there...and can touch up as needed, but he can powdercoat them too if you wish.

When i had the JKU, i liked the posion spider bumpers, but ended up with ones AtoZ built for less, and he added the features i was looking for. you can drive up and get them too, which might save you on some shipping.

if you can draw it up (napkins and business cards work) He will build it. i cant count how many emails and google pictures ive sent him with "ideas" that he brought to life for me.

He did the roll cage, front bumper, and side rails on my TJ, and the Front bumper, and side rails on the JKU...and never let me down (and used the fork lift to pick up the jeep a couple times LOL)

• I appreciate the feedback. I will check AtoZ out. I would like to go to the tent sale next Sat but already committed to camping with the family.

If you're afraid of struggle, then you're afraid of growth. You have to go through it to get to it. Let it build you, not break you.

• i'll third A to Z, I am currently stealing my wife's A to Z off of her YJ to put on my TJ.....but lets keep that just here....lol

• Another AtoZ fan here as well. Zach made me a set of sliders and he went above and beyond by adding little tweaks here and there to strengthen them up...wouldn't let me pay him for the extra work either. He's a great guy and we talked shop for a while as he showed me a few projects he had in the shop. The other plus of going up to his shop is that you can stop at the big Cabelas up there in Hamburg since Zach is only like 10 mins from there!

I also opted for bare steel so that I could paint them myself. I don't have a very good experience with powdercoating so I shy away from it when I can.

Your life is made up of 2 dates and a dash... make the most of the dash!

• The tent sale won't have much for TJs and older, the good deals are mostly for JKs since that's the bulk of their sales (and Fedex damages).

For the front bumper, the Quadratec edition of the ARB bumper is cool. It's a little narrower than the standard bumper, stops at the fender line instead of the OEM flare line. Has a grill guard and a recessed winch mount. https://www.quadratec.com/products/12000_1001_07.htm Alternatively, Quadratec has the bumper made for them under their own brand and has an option for fog lights. https://www.quadratec.com/p/qu…eep-wrangler-tj-unlimited AtoZ makes strong stuff, but the front bumper designs are on the plain side for me.

For the rear, there are a ton of options, I'll just say to look at the latch... both for strength and for ease of use. If you're going to be accessing the rear of the Jeep often, a latch that's cumbersome will get old fast. Also, some level of adjustment for the latch so you can keep it tight and not rattle on every bump. I believe AtoZ uses a screw-type latch, so that's both strong and tight. Contact him directly, especially for the light option... you might even be able to send him the lights you want to use and have him custom mount them for you.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!