new Jeep JL info released!

• And here's a standard/optional equipment list! I got this from the FCA media site.

well if this is all true which i know its not because the tires are listed incorrectly sized i would have to swing for the rubicon based on limited options, what a shame, they really narrowed it down this time around

• I had the jku for 5+ years and can’t say a bad thing g about it. I’d take a chance if priced right. My 40k grand cherokee isn’t what I was hoping for, but seems to be a good vehicle. I’d be happier with another “real” jeep though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Take 3....it turns out there is an all electric version coming in addition to the PHEV. https://www.quadratec.com/c/bl…ll-electric-wrangler-2020

I think they're confusing the verbiage....reading that whole blog post seems to imply a 'range extender' which would still be a PHEV or EREV like my Volt, not a 'true' EV. Either way it's pretty interesting and they have some good info that the Pacifica PHEV has a 33mi range with a 16kWh pack. Figure that's about half of my Volt which has ~14kWh useable and is rated at 53mi.

--Ian

• External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

One of the official videos from Jeep... at the 32 second mark, you'll see our @Quadratec forum rep make a muddy appearance in a TJ!

I guess I need to sell my TJ and VW TDI to purchase a one of the diesel JLU's since I'm in the commercial, eh? haha.

-Rick

• Does that little cameo qualify you for the friends and family discount now?? :thumbup:

He might know a guy or two for that one. ;)

The diesel isn't coming until the 2019 model year, I believe it'll be added to production in August 2018. So, you'll have a little time to find a buyer for your current fleet. But, really... we know you can't keep a Jeep for more than a year. :santa:

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• Some more info released... MSRP. https://www.jlwranglerforums.c…officially-released.2348/

And, as of midnight, the press embargo is lifted, so you'll see a lot of articles posted from test drives over the past few weeks. There's a list of articles here: https://www.jlwranglerforums.c…ra-rubicon-w-videos.2338/

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

• Well, the new JL just got a good review on Fox Business network, and that's good enough for me! Some of the first words out of the reviewer's mouth were...."and it has an aluminum body."

When engaged in conversation with a fool, be sure he is not similarly engaged.
    Chief, DEJA Grammar Police

• Well, the new JL just got a good review on Fox Business network, and that's good enough for me! Some of the first words out of the reviewer's mouth were...."and it has an aluminum body."

It's not, though. The body is steel, but the doors, fenders and windshield frame are aluminum. The tailgate is magnesium and aluminum.

Jerry / Whatevah

• Does that little cameo qualify you for the friends and family discount now?? :thumbup:

He might know a guy or two for that one. ;)
    The diesel isn't coming until the 2019 model year, I believe it'll be added to production in August 2018. So, you'll have a little time to find a buyer for your current fleet. But, really... we know you can't keep a Jeep for more than a year. :santa:

Even though I used to work for Jeep prior to Quadratec, I don't get my friends and family discount through that resource. As Jerry said, I know a guy ;)

I could pick up a JLU in January or February ... then keep it until I order the JLU diesel late 2018, and trade it in for the diesel, right? As you said, I don't tend to keep my vehicles for a long time, whether by my choice or not - lol.

-Rick

• I could pick up a JLU in January or February ... then keep it until I order the JLU diesel late 2018, and trade it in for the diesel, right? As you said, I don't tend to keep my vehicles for a long time, whether by my choice or not - lol.

-Rick

I have a feeling you'd get burned on the depreciation. Hard to say though, might be able to come out ahead. I don't think you'd be able to use the F&F discount twice that quickly, though.

Today's new info... Pricing is out! https://www.jeep.com/lineup.html?app=bmo#app-bmo

Be ready for sticker shock on the Sahara and Rubicon... there are more standard features across the board. If you compare a JK to a JL with similar options, they're fairly close in price, but with the Rubicon (my interest), you're stuck with a high-end 7" radio, side airbags, connectivity group, power locks, etc. For the 2-door, it's $3300 more for a base Rubicon. But, by the time you add 4.10 gears, connectivity group, power convience group, tinted windows, mid-level radio, auto air conditioning and side airbags, a JK actually costs $2,215 more. So, if you wanted those options on a Rubicon, you're in luck!

If you want to see invoice vs MSRP numbers, the JLWF has that here: https://www.jlwranglerforums.c…rt-s-sahara-rubicon.2388/

Jerry / Whatevah

• Jeep is deff gearing towards a different crown now with these options and prices. good gawd

• Jeep is deff gearing towards a different crown now with these options and prices. good gawd

Yeah... I'm hoping they'll throw us a bone and make a work truck option for the JT pickup as a stripped down Rubicon, but I really doubt that'll happen. Kinda scared to see the pricing for a JT Rubicon next year. At least my JK should have a decent trade-in value (if they don't look at the skid plates).

Jerry / Whatevah

• Just built out a Sport S for about $42k and then a Rubicon for about $48k.... why does that sound so off to me? The Rubicon has pretty much everything and the Sport was still lacking options.

Your life is made up of 2 dates and a dash... make the most of the dash!

• Just built out a Sport S for about $42k and then a Rubicon for about $48k.... why does that sound so off to me? The Rubicon has pretty much everything and the Sport was still lacking options.

I haven't gone through and tried to compare builds, but I've heard from others that it's cheaper to get a Sahara vs spec out a Sport to have the same options. That said, I spec'ed out a Rubicon with stuff I'd like, and I'm at $48.265 (ouch). Auto, tow package, hard top, steel bumpers, remote start, LED group. A similar build for a Sport S put me at $40,170. Auto, tow package, hard top, technology group, convenience group, of course that's without the LED group (only available on Sahara and Rubicon), lockers, bumpers, etc.

Jerry / Whatevah

• I haven't gone through and tried to compare builds, but I've heard from others that it's cheaper to get a Sahara vs spec out a Sport to have the same options. That said, I spec'ed out a Rubicon with stuff I'd like, and I'm at $48.265 (ouch). Auto, tow package, hard top, steel bumpers, remote start, LED group. A similar build for a Sport S put me at $40,170. Auto, tow package, hard top, technology group, convenience group, of course that's without the LED group (only available on Sahara and Rubicon), lockers, bumpers, etc.

Yeah that sounds about like how I built the 2 as well.

Your life is made up of 2 dates and a dash... make the most of the dash!

• Hmm.. interesting render! Apparently, that's the fuel filler behind the door, not a vent.

From https://www.jeepscramblerforum…ep-scrambler-pickup.2456/

Jerry / Whatevah

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!