Work Day on Steve Smiths Jeep!

• Quote from "BBD"

Hey Chris I'll ride along if that seat is open
    what time are you leaving?

sorry joe - uncle sam pulled a fast one on me. i'm on hard telephone standby this weekend from 0700 - 1900 both days. :( looks like i won't be able to help after all.
    chris (hoping that there will be another wrenchfest for steve in the works)

• Quote from "BBD"

Who is picking up Steve?

Not sure?

I don't have his # anymore. Since it is going to be hot I would bring some drinks. I'll have all the tools we need. The plan is to start at 8:30 and end around 3 so anyone is welcome to stop by during that time frame.

• I'm going to stop by. I'm not mechanicly inclined but I'll be there as soon as I can. Maybe I can bring some doughnuts or something? Someone let me know if I should. :shrug:
    Chuck

• Quote from "Chuckwick"

I'm going to stop by. I'm not mechanicly inclined but I'll be there as soon as I can. Maybe I can bring some doughnuts or something? Someone let me know if I should. :shrug:
    Chuck

Mummmmmm doughnuts :spinrhead:
    :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Sure you can bring them I won't stop you :up:

• [JoeTranslator] Bring doughnuts! [/JoeTranslator]

Sorry I can't make it guys, no time this weekend or next for me. I wish I could be there to help out though.

• Quote from "Chuckwick"

I'm going to stop by. I'm not mechanicly inclined but I'll be there as soon as I can. Maybe I can bring some doughnuts or something? Someone let me know if I should. :shrug:
    Chuck

Please stop by. you can always help lift or get tools from the tool box:).

Oh, and doughnuts are good too.

• This was a fun day. It was talked about in the other thread but I thought I'd mention something here. 6 of us showed up which seemed to be a perfect crew size. We did make a mistake of not chasing the threads for the body bolts prior to putting the body on the frame but that was soon fixed.

We also wire brushed the rough spots on the frame wand hit them with some Rustoleum. In the heat the paint was drying fast. 2 more good work days and I bet it will be about done.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• Alright, now that I saw the rebuild picture on the front page I have to ask when the next day will be?

I figure 2 more days of good wrenching and it should be all together (minus the paint).

I have some traveling coming up in August and want to be around for the wrenching.

Otherwise Kathy will have to celebrate her BIG birthday without me. :laughing: :hmm: She just might enjoy it more that way. :doh:

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• I am think the next work day will be around Aug 14 or 15. It's kind of a long way arawy right now so things might change. I'll keep everyone posted.

• :hmm: Well.....it's not that long away now. If the date is still the same can we get it on the calender? It seems to be a busy weekend though in the club. I'm still game unless something in my family comes up. :doh:

Also, can we make this thread a sticky so I don't have to keep searching for it?

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!