stuck jeep

• saturday night decided to go and check out some trails I have been hearing about. while cruzing down the trail came upon this dude stuck in a nice large mud hole..

him and his buddies had been trying to use a come along to get him out. I hooked up my strap and tugged twice and he was out. They were all so impressed.

• That's an '05, he's probably had it a week. Good job!

I think we need DeJA rescue magnets for documented rescues.

:hmm:

• yeah they were all real happy.. guy offered me cash but i told him a handshake and thank you would be good enough.

• :up: Good job

I hope you told him to get up with a local Jeep club .
    Membership in a club will help this guy as it seems he likes to take it off pavement.

• Quote from "DrJ"

That's an '05, he's probably had it a week. Good job!

I think we need DeJA rescue magnets for documented rescues.

:hmm:

How can you tell it's an '05? They all look the same to me. :hmm:

Rescue magnets would be cool. What would you have as a picture? A Jeeps back end strapped to the front of some generic vehicle coming out of a puddle might be cool. It would have to be small enough for the sticker though.

Something like this:

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

Edited once, last by ().

• i'd almost venture that it's an '04. most of the '03 jeeps are running on new tread by now instead of the OEM goodyears...and the foglamps were redesigned for '05. so my guess would be an '04. eh, what do i know! :shrug:
    chris

p.s. in '05 the foglamps were more rounded at the edges instead of notched around the circumference, thinner from front to back, and had black nylon mesh sleeves over the wire harness instead of the plastic corrugated sleeve.

• how can we tell its an 05, fog lights look like 04 and previous to me :hmm:

• Quote from "quadna71"

i worry about these things, artie. sometimes i can't even sleep at night because of them!!!!!!
    chris (looking for a straighjacket emoticon :))

it's ok chris, we can get you help. the first step is admitting the problem...

:laughing: :disturbed:

• Quote from "quadna71"

i worry about these things, artie. sometimes i can't even sleep at night because of them!!!!!!
    chris (looking for a straighjacket emoticon :))

• Quote from "jeepartie"

who cares what year it is? It was a stuck jeep, now it's not.

Good job :up:

I cared. :folded:

Actually I wanted to know what the differences in '05 were because I didn't know of any. I was just curious. :shrug:

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• regardless it must have been bottom of the line though - it's a sport with no sound pods (notice the sound bar, which discontinued in 02 I believe) and half doors - i thought all sports came with it, he does have the new 03 style sport text and the mirrors, so it's questionable.

• Quote from "ChiChuM"

it's a sport with no sound pods (notice the sound bar, which discontinued in 02 I believe) and half doors

Errr..those are sound pods not a soundbar. If you look closely you can see the boltholes where the pods mount...the soundbar is narrower and has a velcro cover/strap so no bolts are visible.

But at the same time I'm gonna have to agree with Artie...who cares? Besides some minor cosmetic changes there aren't really any differences between a '97 sport and a '05 sport that would've made a lick of difference in getting him through that mudhole.

--Ian

• cant be newer than 03 due to the fact that all 04 and 05 jeeps have the trail rated badges on them and this one does not.

bLaTaNt DiSrEgArD<br /><br /><br />TJ 98 4 banger gone but not fogotten<br />WJ 02 limited- Do all vehicle &quot;QUICK THROW A LOCKER AT IT!!!&quot;

• yep NJ.. not far from where I live.... anytime anyone wants to make a trip down I am sure we can find some places to play...

and yes they are legal...

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!