Lewes Monkey

• On Friday at 14:33 (2:33 pm) I was heading south on 1 right at the HomeDepot when I see :rolleyes: a Black wrangler heading north with a DeJA member sticker on the windsheld. :wavey: He had his foot on the door jam the Wrangler had a white surf rod in the back seat. :wavey: I waved but nothing from him. :upset:

• Tug what is that now your 290th or 295th capture? You're like a freaky jeep version of steve irwin...

"T'day we're searching for the rare but beeautiful Ellendale Jeep Monkey. We've traveled 95 miles just to catch it off guard in its own habitat so it should be a productive day. Crikey, there's a green one, isn't she lovely. We'll just blend into traffic here and wait... Here's the wave... was that a wave back? Don't know, guess we better try again... No response, we did it!!!"

• Tug isn't credited for all those captures though. Most of them either don't own up to getting caught or are mis-sightings.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• Rule 7 states that Rt. 1 from 5 Points to the South end of Dewey Beach is a no tag zone due to traffic. I believe it's only in effect from Memorial Day to Labor Day.

You're welcome Josh. :wavey:

If it&#39;s not dirty, I&#39;m not having fun!<br /><br />&#39;97 TJ SE 5 speed 4 banger - NO BLING<br /><br />REAL JEEPS HAVE 2 DOORS!

• As I made my venture down there..I told my friend that I was guranteed to get a monkey......But I was also aware of the fact that where I was (five points to Lewes) that it would be hard to see other fellow jeepers.

I am sorry for not waving...forgive me..I had a friend in the car that just kept talking...haha (but i know that is not an excuse!)

I DO WAVE! Just ask Jen about me rolling up to her last night on Rt 1.

THANKS SARA! :wavey:

Question?: Is there some sort of time limit for someone calling a monkey?

• Quote from "joshnextre"

I DO WAVE! Just ask Jen about me rolling up to her last night on Rt 1.

So hard I thought his hand might fall off :crazy:

Question?: Is there some sort of time limit for someone calling a monkey?

NO! BUSTED! DONE!

You were busted by the master...consider it an honor.

NOW GET THIS MONKEY OFF MY BACK!

DrJ :wavey:

• Won't cost me a single banana monkey-boy! Waving at Jen two days later doesn't absolve you from Tug's tag.

C'mon Paul...do the deed.

DrJ :peace:

• Several extra rules have come up over the last two years.
    1) No monkey tags with in a 1-mile radius of a DeJA Event.
    2) US 95 and 495 were no tag zones due to traffic
    3) No tags at intersections unless the jeeps are in the front row as you drive by.
    4) You must have the membership sticker displayed to be in the game.
    5) This is a daylight only game.
    6) Members must be on a road or highway. No tags if one is in a parking lot or pumping gas.
    7) The area along Rt. 1, from 5 points Lewes to southern Dewey Beach Town limits, is now a no tag zone due to traffic.

In front of Home Depot...I may not be from the area but if I am correct...that would be five points...

• Take it like a man, don't refer to the 7th obscure rule to save your butt.

Jen caught me, and I said, you know what, Jen? you're right, you caught me. I was in the "area" of 5 Points when she caught me too.

Don't make me invoke the 8th obscure rule:

8.) Whiners are presumed GUILTY

DrJ :jester:

I am sorry for not waving...forgive me...(but i know that is not an excuse!)

Quote from "wanderlust"

By defendants own admission. Sentence passed.

Plus, Tug don't mess around.

GUILTY

DrJ

• I would hate to remove DrJ from that "comfortable place" he said he was in a different post. So, I have to say NOT GUILTY.

Rules are rules.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!