Future Stocker Rides

• Quote from "jeeprubicon"

i have met a few and talked to a few that r your size elff
    (well maybe almost)
    and i have had the impression that they would want nothing to do with a stock jeep such as myself
    its like they think they r better than the rest of us

thats exactly my point:

if anyone has an attitude and are going to be bored, (or get an attitude) if your riding on a stock level ride, with your hardcore level rig and are pissing and moaning, then you should not be there. That is a personal problem that you have. That does not mean that everyone with larger than 33" tires has this attitude and wont enjoy a relaxing time out on the trail with some friends.

I too, am with stupid<br />87XJ&nbsp;(gone), 97 ZJ W 31&quot; MT&#039;s (gone), 04 TJ W 3&quot; procomp springs/ 33&quot; BFG&nbsp; MT&#039;S (gone)<br />87 YJ- SOA - 39.5 Swampers-111&quot; wheel base, 4 link front, Atlas, 14 bolt, Dana 60 and stuff

• Okay! Any one up for a trail ride!!!

We have a stocker ride at Rausch Creek on October 15th!

...just thought I'd sneak that plug in right about now!

DrJ :peace:

• Quote from "Urbancrawler22"

cant we all just get along ?
    group hug :ghug:

SHUT UP YOU PEACE-LOVIN' FANATIC, WE DON'T NEED YOUR STINKIN' HOLIER-THAN-THOU ATTITUDE AROUND HERE!!!

DrJ :peace:

• Wow, miss logging in for one evening and miss all the fun!

There will be no specific equipment limits regarding trail rides, with the exception of certain announced hardcore rides (for your safety). If jeepers with more built up jeeps are happy to join a stocker level ride, they are more than welcome -- but they need to accept the trail limitations.

If someone has an issue with a particular jeeper, please contact me or one of the Assistant Trail Bosses, and we will look into the problem.

Thanks,

Andrew
    Trail Boss

• WOW, We made it to page 5.!!.

I do have to aggree with many:
    jeeprubicon; clendaniel; Elff; reelTitanium; Patti; DieselCj; DrJ; omaha; (sorry if I didn't get your name on the list).

A stocker ride by definition is an "everyone welcome" kind of thing, isn't it :shrug: .

Kevin

• Andrew said It better then all else on the board, except maybe Elff that summary was Impressive as well :laughing: , but yeah I'v got nothing else to say after that, :note: the Trail boss has spoken, all hail the Trail boss

02&#39; F250 SD w/ 285&#39;s and 17x9 1079&#39;s<br />99&#39; XJ w/ 8&quot; and 35&#39;s - GONE!<br /><br />I miss wheeling! :(

• Quote from "prm99v6"

thats exactly my point:

if anyone has an attitude and are going to be bored, (or get an attitude) if your riding on a stock level ride, with your hardcore level rig and are pissing and moaning, then you should not be there. That is a personal problem that you have. That does not mean that everyone with larger than 33" tires has this attitude and wont enjoy a relaxing time out on the trail with some friends.

i think u missed what i was trying to say
    and it was actually it was in a general conversation
    not on a trail ride that we had

• The topic is "What does everyone think about limiting stock rides to 33" tires or smaller". I'll be responding to that, and leaving out all the personal attacks and useless banter.

I think it's already been stated by the majority that posted here, in a variety of ways, that limiting stock rides to 33" tires or smaller does not seem like a viable option.

If there were safety concerns or other concerns as there are for limiting hard-core rides to specific vehicles, then it would be different. There's no reason to exclude bigger Jeeps from stock trail rides. We schedule as many trail rides as we can for the club, and we're trying to satisfy all levels. Everyone's schedules are different, so if the one ride a modified Jeep can attend is a stock run, and they want to go just to be on the trails, I can't see a reason to exclude them. Especially the GWNF run, since it involves a longer trip, with camping which doesn't always happen at the PAP or RC runs.

Any Jeep, stock or modified, can have problems and or breakages on the trail. It's more likely that a stock Jeep will have problems on a harder trail than a modified Jeep on a stock trail, but you can't predict what will happen. It's part of the game. I don't want to say it should be expected, but I don't think anyone should be surprised when it does happen. Getting everyone through is also part of the game, and often that involves waiting.

Now, (caution: my opinion ahead) if the issue is group size on the trail, that's different. It could be suggested that we limit the group size on stock runs. And by that I would mean any number could attend, but we'd try to break it up into smaller group runs. As was stated somewhere along the line, we don't always have enough trail guides to do this though. So if that's an issue for anyone, I would suggest getting together with Andrew Lesser or Chris Hall and work on becoming a guide for the club.

More often than not for me, the trail ride schedule conflicts with my (wife's) weekend schedule, and I cannot not attend. So I don't get to go as often as I like. BlueJ is always asking for suggested dates for rides, and I should take more advantage of that. Regardless, I'm sure schedules conflict for many, so it turns out there is never as much trail riding as we want to do. To exclude anyone from a run that they can, mechanically and in experience, go on, just isn't right honestly.

• ive always liked the smaller groups idea.....you get to run more trails and takes less time to get someone strapped up and pulled out....and at the end of the day there is less to complain about.

It's A Jeep Thing...You Wouldn't Understand
    *bLaTaNt DiSrEgarD oFfRoAd*

• cripes, there was like 6 replies while I was typing mine.

I should learn to just shorten it and type what BlueJ did. That's all that was really needed.

Nice job Andrew. :up:

• I am going to RC, I want to see what the Jeep can do again....as long as my back is straightened. My father is probably going to attend, and I can throw in the back seat is someone else wants to ride...

Quote from "wanderlust"

And by that I would mean any number could attend, but we'd try to break it up into smaller group runs. As was stated somewhere along the line, we don't always have enough trail guides to do this though.

I totally agree with the idea of smaller groups, as long as we don't limit the amount of attending.

• [size=18px]X 100[/size]

I thought this was a recreational Jeep 4WD Association (Club) for the purpose of having fun and learning about wheeling and Jeeps, apparently I was mistaken. Guess I better read the by-laws again. :read:

If it&#39;s not dirty, I&#39;m not having fun!<br /><br />&#39;97 TJ SE 5 speed 4 banger - NO BLING<br /><br />REAL JEEPS HAVE 2 DOORS!

• planning on going on the ride can i join the group hug? :ghug:

bLaTaNt DiSrEgArD<br /><br /><br />TJ 98 4 banger gone but not fogotten<br />WJ 02 limited- Do all vehicle &quot;QUICK THROW A LOCKER AT IT!!!&quot;

• Unless I'm in Louisiana or Texas I'll be at RC with my (slightly) modified Jeep.

If it&#39;s not dirty, I&#39;m not having fun!<br /><br />&#39;97 TJ SE 5 speed 4 banger - NO BLING<br /><br />REAL JEEPS HAVE 2 DOORS!

• Quote from "SarasGP"

Unless I'm in Louisiana or Texas I'll be at RC with my (slightly) modified Jeep.

I dont see you being able to get there anytime soon.

We have 2 plants in Channelview and 1 in Beaumont Texas both have closed down. People are once again being asked to vacate. The Airports are booked solid and are going to close and all the highways are backed up already.

We have 2 employees stranded down there at the moment.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!