GWNF IV

• cool
    i was hoping u were game carl

this post should make this thread 5pages now

and it looks like well be staying at the campground
    thats kool
    the big open section we should get is a plus
    if we couldnt get that i would rather go to kephart

do we need to reserve the site at the campground ??
    (just in case?? )

• Quote from "jeeprubicon"

cool

do we need to reserve the site at the campground ??
    (just in case?? )

should we be calling to reserve spots now or are we going to be able to get one large site?

• We'll try to make it exciting...you just never know, but someone else is buying the stickers this time!

Maybe if we start up to Meadow/Flagpole late, we can come back in the dark. Dry River would still be good at night.

Come when you can, that's the great part. One day or all, just get out there!

Maybe we can get pizzas delivered to the campground!

DrJ ::xmaswacky

• for those using a gps unit on this trip...or wanting to see where we'll be at on google earth - here are some of the coordinates that may be useful.

Kephart entrance - 38°32'48.06"N 79°3'59.88"W

Brandywine Rec Park - 38°35'56.19"N 79°12'2.64"W (just to give everyone a mental reference where brandywine rec area is - it's about 12 miles west of the entrance to kephart)

Dry River Trail Entrance - 38°33'57.69"N 79° 5'14.21"W

McDorman's Grocery - 38°29'44.04"N 79° 2'16.41"W

Jameson Inn - 38°25'52.76"N 78°50'58.78"W

hope these help somewhat...and if not, well, then at least it killed some time over here logging them into mapsource :)
    chris

• Google Earth rocks! :)

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• If I'm not mistaken I believe it took Coleman & I about 20 minutes to reach the entrance to Brandywine Rec Area from Kephart. It is about 10 miles uphill then 10 down & the speed limit is 25 because of all the winding & sharp curves.

• FYI, at least one group will be leaving on THURSDAY this time. The plan is to set up on Thursday and maybe take a short trip, ride all day Friday and Saturday, then stay around the campsite on Sunday prior to leaving early afternoon for home. We'll need lots of firewood [size=9px]...and beer.[/size]

DrJ

• Quote from "jeeprubicon"

just think of it as a free shower

for you and all your gear, while you're sleeping. :down:

I'm planning to be on this trip, but probably not until Friday sometime, I won't know until we get closer.

• Aw but Carl, you miss all the great night time campfire banter, that's the best part!

And, I heard the new Board is doing some sort of skit this year. Something new Steve wants to try.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!