Classic Jeep Trip?

• Do we ever do trail runs where it would be old Jeeps. I wasn't looking for something too soon, but just curious as to wether anyone would be interested in putting together a Classic Jeep only kind of run.

Not too sure yet what everyone would consider classic, but i wanted to bring the CJ-7 on its first run with some other old jeeps.

Just a thought.

1999 Grand Cherokee WJ 3" lift JK Moabs 31" tire
    1993 Grand Cherokee 7" Long Arm, Badgeless, SOLD
    1981 CJ-7 4" Lift, 31" MTR's, Pretty Blue

• For this club, I believe CJ7's are old. :safeyet Not trying to start any fights, or cause trouble, but I have noticed that the majority of people in the club have TJ's and some YJ's.

Having always driven a CJ-7, I would consider Cj-2,3, maybe even Cj-5,6's to be old, but it's all in the eye of the driver.

• That's why i had said "Not too sure yet what everyone would consider classic". I have always had Jeeps from the '90's. So i would consider anything around the time i was born (1985) to be old. And i was taking into consideration how DMV considers cars 25years and older to be classics.

So with that said, would this trail ride be considered?

• Their aren't many of us with CJ's and even fewer that go to most of the trail rides. I know 3 of us right now that are wrenching on stuff to make improvements for the spring. I am sure you could get something together, probably a better chance in the spring, where you at least have enough jeeps to trail ride. It only takes 3.

• That's great, because thats when i wanted to get it together. My CJ won't be done until spring time anyway. And plus, who would want to go offroading in the bitter cold? Sorry i'm not that in need of an adrenaline rush. Spring is the perfect season, not too hot and not too cool. So i'll bring this thread up again then. Just wanted to get a poll of people that would be interested. :driving:

• Club rides probably shouldn't exclude other members (except in the case of the difficulty level of the trails planned). But there is no reason why people can't get together as friends and go out.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• I have A 48 2A,all origanal w/ out a cage, Will a park let me take it? I also have a rusted out all origanal 82, 7. My most trail ready is a 80 cj 5

• Quote from "Slimer"

Club rides probably shouldn't exclude other members (except in the case of the difficulty level of the trails planned). But there is no reason why people can't get together as friends and go out.

John, i understand where you are coming from with that, i just thought it would be really cool to have an older trail ride. Almost like how they have classic car shows, but ours will have dirt and mud.

I mean, you are of course more than welcome to come. I would love to put the "green machine" up against the "blue ox".

Let's just sit on the idea for a few months and i'll bring it up again in the spring.

• Quote from "AndyZJ"

And plus, who would want to go offroading in the bitter cold?

4WD Frosty Balls Run.....January 13th.

• Quote from "DEJeepman"

4WD Frosty Balls Run.....January 13th.

I remember tony saying something about that when i bought the doors. Well ok, I wouldn't want to freeze my balls off just to go offroading, mainly because i've done it before.

I hope 4WD has fun there, but how bout back to the topic at hand.....
    Who's possibly going on this ride?

• I'd go but I won't know if I can make any date set until the date comes up a bit closer.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!