The story of the little Jewish boy (Neuroc Results!)

• After 2 intense days of competition, we are home at last.
    Aaron and Don did very well. Saturdays score ended up being 35, which was 3rd place.
    The trails were 180* from the may event, they were almost too easy, so there were allot of negative scores. Don and Aaron decided to do 2 spotter ride alongs (worth bonus points) and only used the spotter line once or twice (not using it is worth -2 points).
    Wayne and Bob's buggy (team Up-N-Over) put on a great show on Sat as well. the new design seems to work extremely well, and if not for Gavan jinxing everyone, they would have been problem free.
    The 3rd event the buggy ran out of gas right after Gavan asked how long the tank lasted. Now we know.
    Don made one mistake and hit one cone with the spotter rope. it cost them 10 points. not a big deal.
    Nothing broke except one u-joint u-bolt strap on the buggy. 5 minute fix. At the end of the day we did notice one of the nitro shock mounts on the front of the buggy was tearing off, so Wayne and Bob welded that back up before dinner.

Sunday was when all the fun happened!! Andrew and John picked the wrong day to come up.
    Aaron and Don did amazing finishing the day with a -2. :sniffle:
    One of the other teams, Verone (Archie; white fiberglass CJ-5) put on a show on the first obstacle for us all.
    The course wasn't hard it self, but i had one tree that you could not touch. it was worth 40 points (which dqs you).
    Candy backed into the tree and was out.
    Archie on the other hand made it right past it. then his spotter extrodinare stacked some logs and rocks for the bonus line.
    The bonus line was a single rock about the size of a vw bug.
    Archie trys it, starts sliding off it and flops on the side. But wait, he can drive out of it! he manages to back up, and with his spotter pulling on the rope he gets back on his tires. But he keeps going and rolls the other way.
    It was a great show, and at a great cost, his one piese fiberglass hood was ruined. it had a 3' chunk missing.
    The next team follows the same line before the bonus gate, but he rolled before the gate. He rolled so hard it went all the way over and back on the tires, and they put it in gear and finish the course with a 30 or something.
    Later on a course, the same guy managed to get himself so tuck and wedged in the rocks that the big wrecker had to come and crane the jeep off the course.
    About lunch time Gavan, Shawn, and myself were watching wayne and bob run a very tough offcamber course. Wayne had the spotter line tight, and they were making good progress. Just as they started to turn up the hill the buggy rolled down the hill HARD!. Everyone was ok, but it did manage to bend one of the uprights going to the roof (see pics when i get them up)
    Now the best one all day is the one i missed competely. Big Stan with the yellow yj on 44" swampers endo'd down a big hill and completely messed up his jeep. The pass side of the cage collapsed, and the whole frame of the jeep is now bent. awsome action all weekend.

The final scores:
    Aaron and Don took 2nd place by 11 points.
    Bob and Wayne placed some where in the middle, but they finished every course possible with very minimal breakage.

Everyone that didn't go missed out on probably the best comp yet.
    The next one os in mid Sept, in Jellico.

• Wow! I thought we saw some good action Saturday. I took some video clips of Aaron and Don's runs. I want to try to clip them together and store them on a CD or something. The most impressive thing I saw Saturday was one of those tube buggies wedged between the big boulder and the rock ledge while laying on its side. The guy kept working the steering and the gas and somehow managed to drive the vehicle out and getting it back on all 4 wheels!

I'll say one thing, you could tell how well Aaron and Don worked together after seeing others go through courses after them. But the competition did seem pretty tough.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• Thanks for the recap Chris and thanks to all that showed up and helped. A couple of small mistakes kept us out of 1st, but Don and I are happy with our finish.

I wish I had more time for details, but I have to head down to the Bethany to work for the next couple of days. If anyone down that way wants to hang for dinner give me a call. My number is in the members area thread. Where i am I do not have good cel service so leave a message.

Thanks,
    Aaron

• Andrew, Thanks for the pics they look good. Its funny to see us from the spectators angle b/c its a completely different view. and of course the picture you post has me sitting down on the job! haha but that was only so I could study the guys before us. and to any one who has never attended a competition, I highly recommend going to the one in October. You wont believe what some of those Unlimited and even stock rigs can do!

PS Thanks to our Water/Pit Crew for helping out throughout the weekend. You dont understand how much stress that helps to relieve.

Don
    (Spotter Biatch for Team MallCrawler #609)

• Quote from "Jump150"

of course the picture you post has me sitting down on the job! (Spotter Biatch for Team MallCrawler #609)

You did a lot of sitting down while spotting too. Or was that because you got pulled down on your but while trying to hold the Jeep from flipping over? ha, ha

Actually, you were working your but off. Especially trying to "break the rocks" as another spotter complained.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• Is that green one you posted the guy who was on the course 7 (?) right after Aaron on Saturday (the first course he ran)? Because that guy was really giving his Jeep a beating on that course.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• that was him. the first course on sunday he rolled all the way over and landed on his tires. then he finished the course with like 30 points.
    the roll smashed his cowl real bad, bent his dash downward, and racked his cage. then the next course he finished just fine untill he got wedged and had to have the crane wrecker lift him out.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!