5th Annual DeJA Surf Fishing Tourny - July 1st & 2nd

• Quote from "SarasGP"

2. If you want Keith to take your picture, either stick out your tongue or take a big bite of food. :razz:

Running around neked will usually bring the camera out too.

5. Sand driving tip: :driving:
    DON'T STOP IF YOU THINK YOU'RE GETTING STUCK OR YOU WILL!!!
    :badidea:

Right...

• Bug repellent is also a good idea. Hard to tell when those no-see-ums will show up. Somebody sells a sunblock with insect repellent in it. Anybody know who it is?

If it&#39;s not dirty, I&#39;m not having fun!<br /><br />&#39;97 TJ SE 5 speed 4 banger - NO BLING<br /><br />REAL JEEPS HAVE 2 DOORS!

• Avon sells Skin So Soft bug and sun repellent. Which beach does everyone use? I'm on the (North Fenwick - South Bethany) beach almost every nice weekend day from now through November and I've only seen a few DEJA members in the past couple years.....didn't really notice before I joined the club... Now I check every Jeep that comes past looking for the sticker.

• Quote from "fredtodd"

Avon sells Skin So Soft bug and sun repellent. Which beach does everyone use? I'm on the (North Fenwick - South Bethany) beach almost every nice weekend day from now through November and I've only seen a few DEJA members in the past couple years.....didn't really notice before I joined the club... Now I check every Jeep that comes past looking for the sticker.

We stayed north of the inlet last summer.

• Quote from "Keith_C"

We stayed north of the inlet last summer.

Would that be Tower Road? or am I too far north of the inlet ? There were several times I made it up to 3R's when the Fenwick beach was too crowded, but living in Bethany I usually stay on the south side.....

• Quote from "fredtodd"

Would that be Tower Road? or am I too far north of the inlet ? There were several times I made it up to 3R's when the Fenwick beach was too crowded, but living in Bethany I usually stay on the south side.....

We mainly crossed at Faithful Steward which is the southern most one before the bridge.

From there we went north some and south some .

That's the only crossing always open so after dark you gotta use it even to get up to Tower and Conquest.

• soo... im not much on expierience with fishing... but i have expierience driving in the sand.. would it be too much to ask if anyone could show me the ropes if i am able to show up..
    it sounds like a good time.. and id like to get to know my fellow club members better
    rob

• Quote from "blueyedevil"

soo... im not much on expierience with fishing... but i have expierience driving in the sand.. would it be too much to ask if anyone could show me the ropes if i am able to show up..
    it sounds like a good time.. and id like to get to know my fellow club members better

Someone will either help you or cut you up for bait.

You're not afraid of Tiki torches are you ?

• Quote from "Keith_C"

Someone will either help you or cut you up for bait.

You're not afraid of Tiki torches are you ?

cutting bait is no problem.. i used to cut it for fish call on the boat i was on...
    tiki torches though.. might be :innocent:

• Quote from "joo"

--side note -- im not fishing, but whomever parks next to me or wants to fish on my rod can have my rod as long as its behind my jeep.

last time sara's roomate had it, and thats fine by me again.

When we went out on the pre tournament practice session the week before, you left it behind and Nick rescued it for you, that's why he was using it. Just another example of how DeJA takes care of the noobs whether it's a noob Jeeper or a noob fisher. :smlove:
    By that time he'll have 6 more rods plus a couple old ones with mods, so he prbly won't need yours.

And Rob, since you have so much experience with bait, we can bestow upon you the title of Master...never mind, this is a family site. Also I think you might want to read Keith's answer a little more closely. He said they'd either help you or CUT YOU UP for bait!! (Didn't you read the disclaimer on the Commander commercial before you test drove it in, or rather under, the surf?)

I like Andrew's idea about doubling the ante. (More money for me when I win again :innocent: )

If it&#39;s not dirty, I&#39;m not having fun!<br /><br />&#39;97 TJ SE 5 speed 4 banger - NO BLING<br /><br />REAL JEEPS HAVE 2 DOORS!

• Only 17 people voted????? I don't think it's been finalized yet Patti. I'd still like to see it both days, but if not, I'll be out practicing on Saturday anyway. :spinrhead:

• I'd like to come out and fish with you all on Saturday......not to compete, as I would be no competition, but just for the fun of it.

I just recently started tryng to surf fish last year, and I've never caught anything, but a few rays.

&quot;I mean, I&#039;ve always been a libertarian. Leave everybody alone. Let everybody else do what they want. Just stay out of everybody else&#039;s hair.&quot; - Clint Eastwood -

• It's looking like we will try both days this year.

Plus if it's really crappy Saturday, we have a built in rain date Sunday.

I used the pool rules from when I worked the head boats.

All edible fish with scales.

We could have a seperate prize for largest shark. Problem is they are all tail, so even a small shark is much longer than a really nice trout, flounder or blue.

• Keith, It is a lot more fun to count everything (Except Horseshoe crabs.) Considering the Delaware is pretty much Junk anyway. In the past Skate and Shark counted, perhaps, in the absence of a real fish, junk fish will count. But when a real fish is landed then the junk fish is trumped.

Steve

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!