What have you done to your Jeep today?

• did some mall-crawler mods yesterday... hard-wired the radar detector and hid the wire for a dash cam as well. No more cables hanging from the windshield! Also mounted the Wired HDH switch panel while I had the dash off. Nothing to hook up to it at the moment, but I'll figure out something. :)

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

Edited once, last by whatevah ().

• did some mall-crawler mods yesterday... hard-wired the radar detector and hid the wire for a dash cam as well. No more cables hanging from the windshield! Also mounted the Wired HDH switch panel while I had the dash off. Nothing to hook up to it at the moment, but I'll figure out something. :)

That switch panel is different but I'm not sure if I like it. Let us know how the adhesive holds up to the sun on the dash like that.

• I think it'd be awesome if they had the backlit panel in production. It's fine in the day or in city traffic with street lights, but on darker roads you can't see them. You can feel the panel enough to get the first and last 2 buttons, maybe the first/last 3, but the middle ones are gonna be difficult at night. They said they'd release a backlit version this past summer, but nada. They did release a longer control cable (original was only 5 feet I think, I'm using the 15 foot version) after a lot of user requests but no backlit panel, yet.

Oh, it's $400 retail... but if you look around there is usually a code on pirate for a fair amount off, I think it's usually $300 if you can find a code. I paid less than that with a special promotion they did a year ago, though. :)

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

• Nice, all black... But a little chrome so KnoxRents should approve! ;)

Jerry / Whatevah

Sorry if this is a dumb question but what is that panel for? What are you controlling with it? Also let me know if your planning to replace that radio I would take it off your hands if the price were right.

• well, it's a switch panel. lol currently not controlling anything with it, the JK is still stock. But, eventually... some HID or LED offroad lights, some emergency lights, passenger ejector seat... not sure what else. I have the basic radio, doesn't even have bluetooth or a USB input.

Jerry / Whatevah

• well, it's a switch panel. lol currently not controlling anything with it, the JK is still stock. But, eventually... some HID or LED offroad lights, some emergency lights, passenger ejector seat... not sure what else. I have the basic radio, doesn't even have bluetooth or a USB input.

It looks cool. I have never seen a panel like that before. as far as the radio goes the one in my JK and Heathers Patriot is the super basic ones no info button, no sat, and not much else. She wants an upgrade. I will get the nav unit if this radio goes.

• ahh, I thought all of the 2012s had the Sirius included for a year. I guess not! I had wanted to get one of the navigation radios, but couldn't decide which one (probably the 730 for more available hacks) but couldn't justify the cost. I'll probably get one in a couple years or maybe some fancy Android based radio or something. :)

Jerry / Whatevah

• I hope to start working on it again this weekend (between writing a paper and preparing for an oral report in 2 weeks).

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• No, bankruptcy actually. Only have to speak for 4 minutes so it shouldn't be too bad.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• Hi guys

New member here. wheeled with a couple of you a few times.

Just installed my Ripp supercharger. Now its time time to get out and see what it can do. :mrgreen:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!