K&N cold air intake

• I have been doing some research on cold air intakes on jeeps.
    Does anyone have a cold air intake.
    Personal pros/cons. ?
    Im just trying to decide if i should get one or not, and i figured id field the question to my fellow Delaware peoples.
    :shrug:

• I have a K&N filter. I don't think there's much improvement on performance. It's not a high performance machine. :driving:

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• Im not sure if its the same for the jk but spectre makes an intake thats pretty cool on the tj. It routes the tube to the firewall so the air is collected from the cowl. It gives you more access under the hood and puts your air source a bit higher and away from water, probably picks up cooler air also. I dont have one but my buddy does and its pretty sweet, If I dident have one Id go with that. Ive got an aev and dont know if it makes a difference.
    http://www.rakuten.com/prod/sp…P3ikNG3lb8CFVCAaQodF1UATg

• High flow intakes only help at high rpm, something Jeeps rarely see. And it's more likely to allow water into the engine vs the stock intake. The stock intake was put where it is for optimal water prevention.

For my JK, I use a dry reusable filter from AEM.

The Spectre is the only intake I'd use besides a snorkel, and only for the extra water protection. But it is noisier in the cab, unlike a snorkel...

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• High flow intakes only help at high rpm, something Jeeps rarely see. And it's more likely to allow water into the engine vs the stock intake. The stock intake was put where it is for optimal water prevention.

X2

This being said, I have one and no difference except looks under the hood. Save ur money.

• as stated. its about the RPM range. here is a link to the dyno sheet for the AEM intake. it's only change is above 4000RPM. when is the last time you had your jeep above 4000RPM.

http://www.aemintakes.com/dynocharts/AEM-21-8316_dyno.pdf

This is why my Jeep sounds like a rabid Banshee just before it bounces off the rev limiter in 4 low...... :sshh: :suspicious:

2000 Sahara, All custom...
    2000 Cherokee Police package, Beater....

I may be slowest and the stupidest

• it's only change is above 4000RPM. when is the last time you had your jeep above 4000RPM.

today... it likes it.

*bLaTaNt DiSrEgarD oFfRoAd*<br /><br />&quot;Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. <br />One died for your soul; the other for your freedom.&quot;

• Ours goes above 4k for every hill we have to go up and when ever we have to pass another car.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!