** DEJA Trail Ride @ Big Dogs - Sept 11-14 2014 **

• :laughabove: :laughabove: :laughabove:

I have one buried in my Jeep if we really need it for an emergency. It takes about 10 minutes to get out though. Someone will have one.

I have one in my truck if you feel like attaching it to your jeep once we're down there. I know it works too.

• [size=4]Packing Reminder:[/size]
    [list type=decimal]
    [li]Don't forget booze[/li]
    [/list]

That never seems to be a problem with this group.

More like, don't forget a tent, clothes, your Jeep, etc. Pretty sure beer and booze were the first things packed. ;)

• That never seems to be a problem with this group.

More like, don't forget a tent, clothes, your Jeep, etc. Pretty sure beer and booze were the first things packed. ;)

Best part, is you never have to remember to bring the booze home.

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

• Big dogs will forever be known as the week of carnage. Sunday at the week of of carnage will now be known as French onion day. Great weekend we did a good amount of trails given all the issues our group had. If I could remember what all happened I would post it up.

• We learned TJ fuel pumps aren't built to beat on. Four pumps in one weekend. :doh: Among the multiple axle shafts and Sal's drive shaft.

Awesome weekend otherwise! Can't wait for next one.

• Man that's odd. Could you all have fueled up at the same place and got something bad?

It was from not having the bottom supported in the fuel cell. We were a little aggressive this weekend and the bottom of the pumps were just falling apart.

Hmmm, I seem to be missing my tools. Could have happened anywhere but I'm pretty sure I remember seeing them in the Jeep at camp. I wonder if someone snatched them as they were walking by.

That sucks. Hopefully they turn up. Did you bring any tools over to Randy or Steve when they were rebuilding their Jeeps?

• I didn't see it personally but I think this is the video of KnoxRents when he broke his fuel pump. Jump to 1:40 in the embedded vid, I don't think SMF supports encoding the start time in the link or click this:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

[youtube]bNqpqPc7qEA&t=1m40s[/youtube]

• The fuel pump issues may have also been because you guys were running trails like rock bouncers :mrgreen:
    We dident use Staffords tools. Chris and Randy had me covered on everything I was missing. That really sucks though.
    Great time this weekend! Aside from all the carnage and the fact that my rear end sounds like a fresh bowl of rice krispies. She still made the trek home with no issues. That's gonna be the last ride for my jeep this year but I cant wait for the next one!

• Had a great weekend. Had tons of carnage but it all seemed to be repaired. I am now renaming my rig "The Tow Truck" as I had to hook the strap to Sal, Matt, and Billy. Sals drive shaft let go but he made some phone calls and had a new one in a few hours. We lost 4 fuel pumps, all were repaired except for Matts which was replaced with a spare I had on hand. Randy lost a axle shaft and a spring pin again, which he repaired. Celeste lost his fuel pump(we think) and his lower radiator hose in a rather precarious spot. A little duct tape, some electrical tape and a few clamps solved that issue. I broke a rear d60 axle shaft on the last section of the comp course which we promptly prepared with a spare. Also managed to get a brake line caught up in my front axle which was also repaired with a spare I had. Jmans buddy lost a d35 rear axle shaft which they managed to get off the trail with the old ratchet strap the log to the tire technique. Tonka also managed to blow up a front shaft and a rear spartan locker.
    Even with all the breakage, we managed to run just about every ignorant trail Bigdogs could throw at us. We ran Insanity twice, Kgb, Pennsyltucky, Corrum, Cobra up and down, the comp course, several hill climbs and several others I cant remember.
    Finally Matt managed to avoid a shitty situation in the port-a-Jon with his shirt sleeve.....
    All in all it was another typical weekend at BigDogs......
    Pics....
    http://s112.photobucket.com/us…ogs%20Main%20Jambo%202014

2000 Sahara, All custom...
    2000 Cherokee Police package, Beater....

I may be slowest and the stupidest

Edited once, last by 2000sahara ().

• Not sure what trail it was ... but a good string of all of us hitting the obstacle. Ed and Dee/Pat start it off, then Billy comes in at 7 min, and Jeff a little before 14 min breaking a radiator hose and motor mount, then me at 15 min.

[youtube]ljKx6bQH86Y[/youtube]

• I missed when Celeste hit the rock LOL. No tree or rock was safe that day. :laughing:

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Not sure what trail it was ... but a good string of all of us hitting the obstacle. Ed and Dee/Pat start it off, then Billy comes in at 7 min, and Jeff a little before 14 min breaking a radiator hose and motor mount, then me at 15 min.

I like the comment at about 9:50 into the video! :laughing:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!