What have you done to your Jeep today?

• Looks good, love the color!

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• WOW Andy! That is really nice and I love the color! And just think, the girls can still draw and color on the Jeep and it just washes right off! I got all those boxes from Neon Pirate still in the shed. Ya want one of the smaller ones to mount on the front bumper to hold all the chalk? :innocent:

....unfortunately I see a lot of "johnsons" being drawn on your Jeep! Possibly Hummer or FJ Cruiser as well.... :doh:

Your life is made up of 2 dates and a dash... make the most of the dash!

• Saw you on Old Baltimore Pike and the spikes look good! Be careful that you don't get any Fiat 500s stuck on the tips!

Thanks! Funny you should say that... we pulled up behind one of those smart cars at a light and my wife asked if we could pick it up and put it on the rack! :laughing:

Last night, I opened the hood to plug my driving light relay back in. Noticed there was a little oil on the valve cover... and no oil cap! I checked the fluids Saturday morning before we headed down to the beach cleanup!! :o I was only about 1/2 quart low, thank God! New cap from Autozone as Chris (one of the guys who works there) got a good chuckle at my expense. :doh:

Your life is made up of 2 dates and a dash... make the most of the dash!

Edited once, last by Kuntryboy816 ().

• Thanks guys, I think it came out ok. The texture came out almost like bedliner. I still have a bunch of sanding to do to smooth out the surface to that of a chalkboard. I also have the doors to paint still. The plan for the hard top is to scuff it up and spray it with aerosol bedliner. The aerosol seems to come out with a great texture for that kind of stuff. Something that I really didn't expect was how much noise is blocked out by the new coating. The engine noise and rattles over bumps are diminished greatly.

Jody, I had planned on painting the jeep in chalkboard paint for a while but that Saturday set my plans in concrete.

• Took my broken ass spartan locker out today. That part went smoothly. Then I went to install my aussie......not quite as smooth. The thrust washers I ordered weren't the right size so the side gears dident fit through them. Luckily Aaron had a d44 carrier laying around so I ran down and picked them up. When I returned back home and began to install the locker in the carrier I realized one of the springs that was previously laid out on the table had disappeared........that's when the sun went down :bang: . After an hour of looking for the spring I decided to put a spartan spring in and chance it. Buttoned her up and took a test drive. It does feel great although I'm gonna call torque masters in the morning and see if they will send me 1 spring so I don't have to buy a spring and pin kit. From what I remember of the spartan before it got thrashed the aussie is way smoother.
    Update- Just called Aussie. Awesome customer service! I explained that I lost a spring during install and they are sending me one for free.

• Tag ran out a few days ago and I had no idea untill today so fixed the short in the tail light, replaced back up switch at the tranni and now have back up lights :driving: and all I need to do now is find some stock tires to run it threw inspection :upset: .

• Since I don't listen to 2000Sahara on the trail, I figured I'd take his advice on my TJ fuel pump. Hopefully no more fuel pumps will drop out of the bottom and leave me temporarily stranded. It was my first break in several years and I wasn't used to it. :doh:

Clamping the connections tight so they don't release.

Screws to prevent the pump from dropping.

• Nice! This is something I still need to do. I still havent even washed all the mud off or tracked down a new spring.

• :laughabove: The screws should work well on yours.....Not nearly as fool proof a fix on the old ones as the plastic can break. Ive got a nice chunk of aluminum to fix JKgray10's but after some measurments, Im not sure my fix with work on the rigs with genright rings, unless I double stack.

Four fuel pumps in one weekend is re-damn-diculous though....... :driving:

2000 Sahara, All custom...
    2000 Cherokee Police package, Beater....

I may be slowest and the stupidest

• We all have fuel cells.....The fuel cells are taller than the factory tanks. The factory pump is made to compress onto the bottom of the tank and hold itself together. Since our Cells are taller the factory pumps essentially dangle uncompressed from 3 tiny little plastic tabs. If one of the tabs breaks or comes apart, the pump will detach itself and cause some type of failure. It will either run like crap or not start at all, which is the case with most of the breaks at bigdogs. The only real fix is to run a shorter tank but that with either take up too much space in the tub or limit your fuel capacity.
    Here is a tj pump for reference.

2000 Sahara, All custom...
    2000 Cherokee Police package, Beater....

I may be slowest and the stupidest

• We all have fuel cells.....The fuel cells are taller than the factory tanks. The factory pump is made to compress onto the bottom of the tank and hold itself together. Since our Cells are taller the factory pumps essentially dangle uncompressed from 3 tiny little plastic tabs. If one of the tabs breaks or comes apart, the pump will detach itself and cause some type of failure. It will either run like crap or not start at all, which is the case with most of the breaks at bigdogs. The only real fix is to run a shorter tank but that with either take up too much space in the tub or limit your fuel capacity.
    Here is a tj pump for reference.

Gotcha.

There's no alternative pump that would fit better?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!