What have you done to your Jeep today?

• Got the tie-in bracket all gussied up. It's about as far as I can take it @ the moment until my cousin can weld it up. Going to add a gusset or 2 for added strength. Hopefully it'll be done by this weekend.

Laid out..

Cut..

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Your life is made up of 2 dates and a dash... make the most of the dash!

• Well I made a very impulsive decision and traded in the 4dr for a 2dr Rubicon. Still gotta get my stuff swapped over (wheels/tires/safe etc) and get used to a manual again. Auto spoiled me for so long lol. :driving:

Now I won't high center myself quite so damn much. And lockers are always cool to have.

• Yeah I'm not feeling very good this morning so I wasn't motivated enough yet to get the pic to my work computer to get it inserted.

On my phone, I just click and save off FB and then post using Tapatalk. Is the reality of your new purchase making you feel a little ill this morning?! :laughing: Hope ya feel better bud.

• On my phone, I just click and save off FB and then post using Tapatalk. Is the reality of your new purchase making you feel a little ill this morning?! :laughing: Hope ya feel better bud.

Nah just cold and can't get warm. I am usually a pretty thorough person and this was a pure impulse trade in lol. Well I had been thinking about it since my first Rausch trip but I definitely didn't expect to be at a car dealership after work yesterday. I just feel like i have 2 left feet learning the clutch again. Engagement is so high compared to my old sportscar. Once I get used to the clutch on hills I'll be ready for Rausch lol.

• Welcome to the dark side. The 4:1 low gear is awesome for rocks, but get used to that clutch because you'll run through the gears a lot faster than before. I love my Rubicon, I don't think I could buy a non-Rubi Jeep again unless I planned on doing some crazy build with new axles and Atlas transfer case.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• Pulled the trigger on new tires. Been 4ish years since I bought tires and those were used... sticker shock hit me hard!

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

What , didn't go to 35's? Tsk tsk tsk

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

• Oh, trust me, I went back and forth over it. I decided not to go bigger until the rear axle is replaced.

10% off
    $100 mail-in rebate
    - $$ selling old tires
    Possibly free or reduced inst charge (sweet talked the sales lady)
    Couldn't pass up the deal

Edited once, last by Kuntryboy816 ().

• Lots of little stuff done yesterday

- replaced blower motor resistor
    - replaced fan speed switch (all 4 lo/hi settings work now)
    - fixed vacuum leak (heat/ac location now works)
    - ordered blower motor (it works but when they start to go the fan switch usually goes first, which it did, so I'm being proactive)
    - extracted/replaced 4 qts of ATF (cue debate about new ATF causing more problems than it fixes)
    - tested the Loctite rust neutralizer in a few spots, good results so far
    - replaced fan (old was slightly bent) and fan clutch

• On my phone, I just click and save off FB and then post using Tapatalk. Is the reality of your new purchase making you feel a little ill this morning?! :laughing: Hope ya feel better bud.

I find myself switching my opinion hourly. One minute I wish I had my 4dr back, they next I'm excited to have a 2dr soft top rubi. It's really messing with me lol.

• Welcome to the dark side. The 4:1 low gear is awesome for rocks, but get used to that clutch because you'll run through the gears a lot faster than before. I love my Rubicon, I don't think I could buy a non-Rubi Jeep again unless I planned on doing some crazy build with new axles and Atlas transfer case.

Yeah between a 6spd and the 4.10s it does feel strange vs an auto. Still taking getting used to. Hill assist is pretty useful though and yes you do shift a lot.

• Recently refinished the JCR bumper and ACE steps. The bumper only had a simple spray paint job, and the powdercoat on the steps was flaking rather badly. I removed them and coated with black Monstaliner. That should be a more durable finish than the powdercoat, certainly better than paint.

And, last night, I hardwired my 12v fridge/freezer to my aux fusebox. It was hooked up via the factory rear 12v outlet in my JK but that stopped working a few days ago. Fuses are all good, so I'll need to take apart the trim and replace or fix the outlet later. I'd been wanting to hardwire it, anyhow... The plug supplied with the fridge kept rattling loose from the outlet. Now I'm using Anderson Powerpoles for a secure quick-disconnect.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• Recently refinished the JCR bumper and ACE steps. The bumper only had a simple spray paint job, and the powdercoat on the steps was flaking rather badly. I removed them and coated with black Monstaliner. That should be a more durable finish than the powdercoat, certainly better than paint.

Very Nice! How much ML did it take? # of coats?

For any of y'all that haven't already seen my mad multiple crazy posting on Facebook.....

• Finally decided to put a quick release in since I haven't removed my door bars in over two years. It's much nicer to enter/egress now. The steering is noticeably more smooth with the smaller diameter wheel. It complements my hydro assist much better. (lost my turn signal auto-off though)

It's not as cool as an air horn but I also installed a GTFO of the way horn/siren with PA system. Before anyone asks, I'll never touch it on the road.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!