Stock Rock Challenge, anyone?

• OK it seems that i have been looking for a comp class that no longer exisits so i am wondering if anyone would be up for this? i am thinking of this for the requirements:

Max of 33' tires
    Only one Locker front or rear drivers choice
    Frontal cage
    4 point harness
    the vehicle has to have front fenders and rear flares, no comp cutting of the rear.
    Beadlocks are allowed

Still working on other requirments jsut looking at one event to see how this goes i am gonna get in contact with lynn at RC and see if she would be up for this but i want to make sure that there is enough interest.

bLaTaNt DiSrEgArD<br /><br /><br />TJ 98 4 banger gone but not fogotten<br />WJ 02 limited- Do all vehicle &quot;QUICK THROW A LOCKER AT IT!!!&quot;

Edited once, last by omaha ().

• i think the stock class at paragon allowed both front and rear lockers i dont see why you couldnt have both :shrug:

It's A Jeep Thing...You Wouldn't Understand
    *bLaTaNt DiSrEgarD oFfRoAd*

• Is this like a off the books kinda thing.Like we put in a little money and the winner takes all. With good intentions and to have a good time.

• we can do two lockers, i am looking to do this in the fall like sept. that way it gives people a little while to get there jeeps all the safety stuff.

bLaTaNt DiSrEgArD<br /><br /><br />TJ 98 4 banger gone but not fogotten<br />WJ 02 limited- Do all vehicle &quot;QUICK THROW A LOCKER AT IT!!!&quot;

• no i want to do tire size but we can have people with 35's running too that is fine have two classes that works zeke you can setup the 35's class, i will talk to lynn about it this week.

• Is this like a off the books kinda thing.Like we put in a little money and the winner takes all. With good intentions and to have a good time.

?

*bLaTaNt DiSrEgarD oFfRoAd*<br /><br />&quot;Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. <br />One died for your soul; the other for your freedom.&quot;

• Are you just going by time with penalties for going off course?

Are the courses going to be set up in SHORT obstacle course like Uroc and Weroc, or are you planning on a longer Point A to Point B type deal going through the longer established trails at Rausch?

Personally, having longer courses would be better. You could still mark off a certain obstacle on the trail so people would not be able to take the bypasses, but then competitors could make up time in the flatter sections of the trails. It would be more like the Tough Truck Challenge.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• I trhinkl going up to 35s could have competitors from the modified stock class cioming in. Leave it at 33s. Just my opinion. sorry Zeke. I would do it though. And I agree with John about the courses... One spotter, no winch, and timed. Fastest time wins...

Government is the great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else.<br />-Frederic Bastiat

• Chris, I don't know how much cross-club participation ya'll want to do, but BMJA organized an "On the Rocks" friendly comp this past summer and it was AWESOME. I have competed in UROC where I was greatly disappointed in the lack of fun with that, but BMJA had it set up as teams with five vehicles in each team and the vehicles were placed in teams so as to keep things fair. You may want to contact the President of the club for any help or details. I think they are planning on doing it again next year so maybe we can combine clubs.

Either way, if you guys do put something together I would be interested in talking to the organizer about possibly sponsoring or helping out with the event.

• I like the idea that other clubs are doing events like this.

My advice would be to try to keep it DEJA only for the first year at least. That will give you a chance to iron out any bugs. You can think about opening it up later.

OR.....if enough clubs do "Club only" competitions, an inter-club championship would be a fun way to end the year!

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• patty those would be the max you could have.

Zach you have a pm

Not sure what the prize would be.

Slimer- i was thinking something along those lines doing a long portion of the trail and then having a bonus obstacle that if completed in a certain amount of time would take points off your score with the lowest score winning.

I really would like to keep the tire size at 33's because like said if 35's where allowed it would be bringing seriously built comp rigs in to it.

I am thinking of like 3 lines and then the bonus obstacle, this is how it would work one driver one spotter, spotter rides you get a bonus, in winches in this comp.
    I was thinking about the fender issue and if you have flat fenders and/or The poison spyder crusher corners with or with out metal flare, would be fine also you don't need to have front or rear fender flares but you must have front fenders wether stock or flat fenders.
    A frontal cage is a must as is the 4 point or more harness(attached to the cage) for safety reasons. All participants will drive there rigs at there own risks any damage is not the fault of the people running the comp but the drivers .
    4:1 kits are allowed,
    front and rear lockers are allowed
    helmets are required,
    spotter ropes are allowed,
    body protection is not required although recommended
    belly ups are allowed
    the vehicle must have the stock body on it
    the vehicle may put a new engine in and it can be any street legal engine
    vehicle must have insurance and be able to drive on the street and have a current registration
    hand throttles are allowed
    must have front and rear bumpers

i am sure there will be more to come but this is all i can think of now. for regulations.

• Chris, before you go about setting rules and such I would contact the park/location where you intend to hold the event as they may have insurance requirements that may dictate your rules to a point. Also, I don't know how DEJA is setup, but there may be responsibilities on the club if it is listed as a club event. Unfortunately, insurance and lawers dictate much of our world these days.

• an email has been sent to lynn and i am awaiting her response.

but to help get the ball rolling i would like to start a Sign up for drivers and there spotters please put your first name only and screen name.
    (P.S I am in need of a spotter so send me a PM if you are interested.)

• ?

I was just sayin that it could be between a few people. Maybe make up some shirts and a trophy or something. Just to give it a try and then do bigger event later.Hell the entry fee could just be the same value as the prize.

• i know what u were saying but noone anwsered really if it was a kinda under the table kinda thing or if it was ligit.

*bLaTaNt DiSrEgarD oFfRoAd*<br /><br />&quot;Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. <br />One died for your soul; the other for your freedom.&quot;

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!