cage and harness

• We'll it looks like i might be getting a christmas bonus and though that i might add to the saftey of my TJ. I know there are alot of companies out there that do cages but wanted to see what you guys would recommend. I can weld so thats not that big of a deal. Also what about harnesses? I was think of adding these also but not sure on what company to deal with. If i do harnesses do i have to switch the seats out also? TIA -- Jason

• HollyOak 4x4, AtoZ, or DaMutt's Garage. They can do awesome work, customize it to the way you want, and I'm sure it will be done for a reasonable price.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• i was thinking about doing it myself so it would help cut down on the cost but i'll have to give them a call

i like my cage and all.....its OK, but I would have done differently....

I have PSC.....I just don't think the dash bars are very functional.

• a to z, poison spyder, and tennessee off-road are the only companies that I know of that offer a pre-bent weld in cage. The A to Z cage is far superior in fit and function....

Zach's Shippable add-on

• hey josh what do you dislike about your cage ???

That the side dash bars are not really funational...they sit on top of the dash. If i was gonna do it I would have gone through the dash straight to the floor.

There's a lot to learn about cages, tons of talk different places. Search on the ROF and there's tons, same with JU, JF...etcetc. I wish I had done it a little more before I purchased.

I'm just not a huge fan of the Posion Spyder. I wish I had done differently. and I really can't just take it off and put a new one on....I could sell this one and get a stock cage.

I have a trail cage --- there's a difference between the trail cage and a full cage. Trail is just the front half.

• I have Poison Spyders in mine but if I were to do it again, I go with Zach's weld-in cage. I like the design much better.

As for the harness, you could always have Zach bend up a harness bar and weld it behind your front seats. You could still use your stock seats with a 4-point harness.

-Chris

• I have the same A to Z cage that Turtle has and I love it. It is very functional and the fit was VERY good. Zach is also great to deal with.

• i have the a to z one i think it was one of his first add ons it looks like he changed the setup some and it look alot stronger. i would def go with his cage cause like josh said it goes through the dash and is much stronger.

bLaTaNt DiSrEgArD<br /><br /><br />TJ 98 4 banger gone but not fogotten<br />WJ 02 limited- Do all vehicle &quot;QUICK THROW A LOCKER AT IT!!!&quot;

• Another vote for Zach at A to Z. He sponsors me and built my cage for the Comp rig. It survived several barrel rolls and flops this year. He can build a custom cage to your specs ar sell you his standard design. I would dump the factor TJ bar, it is modular and weak.

As far as the seat belts go I would stick with the factory ones. It you do get new seats the 4 points are safer, but they are a big PITA for trail riding. You will only use the lap belt, (now they become less safe) because of the restrictive movement of the harness. At least that's my expeirience.

Aaron

• Brian at Holly Oak did my cage. It was his first TJ, so now he knows what to do differently :laughing:. But I still like it. If you want to weld it yourself, I'd endorse Zack's (A to Z) as well, that's a great design.

BlueJ

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!