• Anyone here ever install a 2" RE budget boost on a TJ? I finally picked up my lift for my new Rubi. It's used, but I think everything is here for it. It looks easy, but I've never lifted anything. I have no jacks or garage...

You do own a hairdryer don&#039;t you she asked? Of course I do, he replied, it&#039;s in the driveway, it&#039;s called a Jeep.<br /><br />Current - 97 TJ, 99 WJ, 12 Scion tC<br />Past - 94 ZJ, 02 TJ, 06 Rubicon, 06 XK, 07 Scion tC

• its cake walk really
    i dont like spring cvopmpressors
    so i just take down the lowers

u will need at least on jack and jack stand

looks to be all there

• I'll probably just pay to have it installed. Dunno that there's anyone around here to help me do it. Don't know jack about installing any type of lift no matter how easy it is. :laughing:

You do own a hairdryer don&#039;t you she asked? Of course I do, he replied, it&#039;s in the driveway, it&#039;s called a Jeep.<br /><br />Current - 97 TJ, 99 WJ, 12 Scion tC<br />Past - 94 ZJ, 02 TJ, 06 Rubicon, 06 XK, 07 Scion tC

• you better not pay to have that installed! :-p

pick a Saturday or Sunday and I'll come up to help ya (maybe the morning of the 11th? so we finish before the meeting). if you can fit the Rubi inside your garage, we'll do it there. all we need are a few good-sized jackstands and a floor jack. the shocks will be the hardest part of it :)

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• you better not pay to have that installed! :-p

pick a Saturday or Sunday and I'll come up to help ya (maybe the morning of the 11th? so we finish before the meeting). if you can fit the Rubi inside your garage, we'll do it there. all we need are a few good-sized jackstands and a floor jack. the shocks will be the hardest part of it :)

Sounds good to me if you are up to it. Rubi is parked in the garage now. :)

Snafu, I'll take you up on that if whatevah can't do it. I don't mind the hike at all since I'd love to learn something for once instead of always having someone else do it for me.

• If you come down this way, I'll help too. Shouldn't take too terribly long though... Especially with extra hands

• Depends on Jerry. I don't have jack stands. I have socket wrenches, tons of them. :laughing:

Dunno what's needed to install this stuff. Seems simple...

• I wouldn't have a problem helping out. we can use my garage. i have everything needed and then some including air tools. In Dover. Have done like 7 or so lifts...

Government is the great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else.<br />-Frederic Bastiat

• Okay so in talking to Jerry, I think we are still planning on doing it here. If not though, Ed we will take you up on that offer. Dunno how far you are from Dover Justin, but if we do it at Ed's then you are more than welcome to come help. :wavey:

Thanks for all the replies guys, I appreciate it. :spinrhead:

• Waiting to talk to Jerry a bit more about it. I will tell you a time and a place if we are going to do it in DE. Hold tight.

• I wouldn't have a problem helping out. we can use my garage. i have everything needed and then some including air tools. In Dover. Have done like 7 or so lifts...

did mine :innocent:

1997 TJ 4 banger 5 speed, 4.88&#039;s, detroit tru track in the front d30, RE 3.5,OME shocks, JKS 1.25&quot; BL, 33&quot; BFG A/T&#039;s, Llama bumpers tire carrier, Hi lift

• They told me lift/tires will void my warranty, but I don't care. >:( :suspicious:

Good to know slick!

• only the suspension components should be excluded from the warranty.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

• If I do bigger tires basically all drive train will be voided. I think engine too. :shrug:

Ok, putting a lift kit and/or bigger tires, of any size or kind, will
    void the warranty on any original Jeep part that is directly affect by
    the changes. So basically that means that if you put the lift kit on
    and you have to change the control arms, those control arms, the axles,
    and any associated parts (i.e. steering components etc.) will not be
    covered under the warranty any more, but the warranty itself remains
    intact on all other original parts that came with the Jeep.

I wonder what a body lift would void. :spinrhead:

• aaaah, extended warrantys on Jeeps are overrated (speaking as somebody with one. lol). we always just fix it ourselves with something better. like when my leaf packs were sagging... I bought an RE 3.5" lift kit. lol

Jerry / Whatevah

• I don't have extended. Depending on what I do to my Jeep I may not buy one. I have 3yr/36 right now. I don't think it covers drive train for that long anyway...

I was considering just doing the 2" and the 1" and then, if warranty work was ever to be needed, stealing ZJ's tires/wheels and throwing them on there. :laughing:

• Actually I think the drivetrain is the only part covered for 3/36 as well as the entire length of the extended duration if you had it. And the drivetrain is the only part of the Rubi I plan on keeping stock. ;D

• What? lol

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!