Is the ride to RC still on for Saturday?

• I was originally planning to come to this but because of the weather I might not. Granted I could make it up there all day but wheeling in ice is not fun. I love snow but a few guys went up two weeks ago in the ice and said it took them 4 hours to winch themselves 100 ft at a time up out of the hills to get out. Not my idea of fun. Plus I hate the idiots who can't drive that try to hit you all the way up there.

Let me know

Former V.P. (2006-2007)
    V.P. of Jeeps for Joy (2004-2010)
    President of Jeeps for Joy (2010-2012)
    Beater Build Winning Driver (2009)

• People are still going. I'm still uncertain if I'm going or not, but if I do... all greens for me. :)

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• I probably won't make up my mind then until tomorrow night. If the roads are bad I'm definately not going. It's not worth it to me to take a chance hauling a trailer up in the snow. :driving:

Former V.P. (2006-2007)

• If you don't have a trailer don't worry about it. I prefer mine just for the fact that I always have a way home, even if I break. If I do go Saturday I may just drive mine up though depending on weather. :shrug:

Former V.P. (2006-2007)

• We could all just report in on Friday night saying GO/NO GO and determine if we ride or not that way. I've been up there in much worse conditions and it was, how do i put this, adventurous. So i am still in for a ride. I already have it set in my head that i'm going wheeling on Saturday so as long as 2 people go, you guys can count me as GO! :razz:

1999 Grand Cherokee WJ 3" lift JK Moabs 31" tire
    1993 Grand Cherokee 7" Long Arm, Badgeless, SOLD
    1981 CJ-7 4" Lift, 31" MTR's, Pretty Blue

• Keep in mind that the way the storm line looks now, the Rausch Creek area is well in the SNOW region which is getting the "Winter Storm Warning".

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• We could all just report in on Friday night saying GO/NO GO and determine if we ride or not that way. I've been up there in much worse conditions and it was, how do i put this, adventurous. So i am still in for a ride. I already have it set in my head that i'm going wheeling on Saturday so as long as 2 people go, you guys can count me as GO! :razz:

I'm going as long as someone else will be there. A Friday night go / no-go list is a great idea as I'd hate to ride up there and find no one else to wheel with.

• Hey new here but I talked to Jerry in an email and have been talking to Andy on the Jersey Devil. I am a definite go as long as some one else will be up there.

• At this point, I'll be there no matter what. If it's too slippery for the rollback, I guess I'll drive the Jeep up. I'm hoping for snow and not ice.

• I've never been there...yet. Couldn't someone call the place or check with PA highway dept. for road conditions that will get us there?
    Just a thought.

• If it stay's snow I'll go but not the ice. I'll PM Lynn later and see what's going on. Right now weather forcast call fro 3-6" of snow with 1-2" of ice up there.
    Nothing worse then all the branches hanging down low and beating the crap out of your rig. :bang:

Former V.P. (2006-2007)

• I've never been there...yet. Couldn't someone call the place or check with PA highway dept. for road conditions that will get us there?
    Just a thought.

Roads getting there aren't the problem. It's once your there the conditions of the trails suck in ice. Picture most of the trails are either "UP" hill or "DOWN" hill. Now picture no traction and steep embankments.

Plus all the branches get heavy and lean way down and scratch the crap out of your rig.

Former V.P. (2006-2007)

• [quote author=Shiprekd ]
    Missy (office) and I are the closest to the park. Right now there's 5-6 inches on the ground and still have about 2" of ice/sleet in the forecast before the morning.

The ridge RC is on should have a bit more than we have so expect a good bit of snow and sliding down the hills :O}
    Expect to have to put whatever your driving in 4wd when getting onto Molleystown road - especially from the 104 exit side of 81.
    [/quote]

Sounds like a its a go!

• This is Snakebite after a good winter storm in Janurary and if anything it made the terrain less difficult because all the holes for your tires to get lost in were filled with snow and ice so the trail was almost flat. The fog was REALLY thick that day too.

1999 Grand Cherokee WJ 3" lift JK Moabs 31" tire
    1993 Grand Cherokee 7" Long Arm, Badgeless, SOLD
    1981 CJ-7 4" Lift, 31" MTR's, Pretty Blue

• Expect to have to put whatever your driving in 4wd when getting onto Molleystown road - especially from the 104 exit side of 81.

Unless you count the dually, I don't have 4WD. Sounds like getting there will be as interesting as being there. ;D

• I'm out guys. Have fun and take lots of pics.

Not worth taking the chance of messing up my truck or the jeep.

Catch you on the next one.

Former V.P. (2006-2007)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!