Nitrorubi's Rollover UPDATED with cage pics

• More to come.....

*bLaTaNt DiSrEgarD oFfRoAd*<br /><br />&quot;Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. <br />One died for your soul; the other for your freedom.&quot;

Edited once, last by NitroRubi ().

• out working on it. just a little sore right now. we will see it the morning. rolled 1.5 times. ill explain more later

*bLaTaNt DiSrEgarD oFfRoAd*<br /><br />&quot;Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. <br />One died for your soul; the other for your freedom.&quot;

• let me know if you need anything...

I am away tomorrow, but will be around the rest of the week.

glad you are OK

• what do you need check before you start it.

its driveable mostly from visual inspection just need to check stuff before i start it up. I need to drive this thing 4 hours home next monday.

Thanks in Advance.....

• i have rolled twice, we just roll the jeep over, let oil drain for a few and then start it up, the plugs will dry off in no time.... :up: :up:

• Probably no oil there but it might be worth it to pull the plugs and crank it over a few times.

X2 . Pull the plugs and try to inspect the top of the pistons to make sure there is no oil / water on top .
    Check all the fluids and turn it over without the plugs in it . A few short cranks .
    Once you thinks its okay . Put the plugs in it and fire it up .
    Might as well install new plugs but if unavailable tonight just put the old ones back in it after you make sure they are dry and normal .

After you have inspected the supsension and fired it up , take it around the block to see how things are .
    Check the alignment before you start to drive it again regularly .
    Call if you need anything

• Nice...glad you're okay. I can speak from experience that you'll be sore for a couple days! Definitely pull the plugs...like turtle said it's not worth an engine to save 10 mins. Otherwise just make sure your fluids look okay (alot depends on how long before you righted it), reseat the beads and you should be good to go.

--Ian

• Nice...glad you're okay. I can speak from experience that you'll be sore for a couple days! Definitely pull the plugs...like turtle said it's not worth an engine to save 10 mins. Otherwise just make sure your fluids look okay (alot depends on how long before you righted it), reseat the beads and you should be good to go.

--Ian

Not feeling to bad today. Had worse mountainboarding. It was over for about three hours till we could a tractor in there. We trying a truck, didnt work. just the way it was in the hole. I get more pics up later.

• Not feeling to bad today. Had worse mountainboarding. It was over for about three hours till we could a tractor in there. We trying a truck, didnt work. just the way it was in the hole. I get more pics up later.

From the pic it looks like you were pulling on the rocker? Should've run a winchline over the top and to the passenger side of the cage (around the area where the shoulder belt mounts)...helps alot. ;)

• Did you roll off the hill/ledge in the back ground of the pic?

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• We weren't actually pulling on that. The guys were just brainstorming. I am up in Northeast PA. Awesome wheeling up here. We actually have "Jeep Trail" listed on maps.

We can over into the hole after a hill climb to the left of this pic

and behind and to the left a little of me on this one. It took us awhile to figure out just how the Jeep got facing the way it did with what damage it had. it rolled more than once. i remember that.

Here is how we got it over. I love knowing the right people. A good friend once told me, "its not what you know, it who you know."

we had me in the driver seat, my wife in the passenger and my friends g/f in the rear passenger seat. the cooler and stuff fell on top of her. We sat down and had lunch staring at the upside down Jeep.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!