roll cage

• No doubt it'd hold up but I've just never been a fan of the bolt-to-the-cowl style cages. Personally I feel much safer going through the dash to the floor with tie-ins to the frame...it's easy enough with just a small notch in each corner of the dash, IMHO much less obtrusive than the big plates hanging out on each end. :shrug:

I'd look into Zach's stuff like turtle said...good guy, local.

--Ian

• I have the PS cage and have since added quite a few bars to it. I still do not like it. Would have went full custom if I had he time and di not get a great deal on it.

Government is the great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else.<br />-Frederic Bastiat

• I'd make you a deal on mine. It is already all welded together, rear spreader, gussets, grab handles, rear tub support bar, harness bar, 2 spreader to main hoop bars. Never flopped on. painted black.

Government is the great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else.<br />-Frederic Bastiat

• Honetly go wit an a to z fabrication sport cage... a little more work... but a much stronger product

why it looks just like the psc cage... bolts to the dash but the psc goes to the floor and this one looks like it dosent? how is it stronger... the pics i see at

http://www.atozfabrication.com…872006wranglers-p-38.html

just shows a fancy hoop, ?

does it go to the floor, what makes it stronger, advantages, disadvantages? you all stated opinions but no support... lol im curious becasue im about to buy a cage... sometime next week... any of u have that cage? does it interfear with the doors?

or is all this just becasue hes your buddy and hes local

I have the PS cage and have since added quite a few bars to it. I still do not like it. Would have went full custom if I had he time and di not get a great deal on it.

why? is their blindspots... is it shakey? pics?

im not saying the psc is better... i donno thats why i ask

was looking to do a bolt in, but that sounds like a mistake... one roll and the bolts brake? .... good welds are stronger than the metal its welding.... right... i had my mind set and now im back to square one

• weld-in is better than bolt-in no matter how you do it. but if you weld to the frame without mounting the seats to it, dont mount a harness to it either. the reason being is that the body would still have a little movement and in a heavy roll the body could separate and possibly crush your spine with the harness. mount your seats and harness to the frame and that solves the problem

• the a to z cage go through a TJ's dash behind the side vents, and bolts to the frame with his frame tie-in option. zach also replaces the bars that attach the "main hoop" to the windsheild and welds them to the main hoop. i have seen pics of the PSC cage where the side bars do not stand up to a rollover...that is why i went with zach's after all those bars are right next to your head.

• zach also replaces the bars that attach the "main hoop" to the windsheild and welds them to the main hoop. i have seen pics of the PSC cage where the side bars do not stand up to a rollover...that is why i went with zach's after all those bars are right next to your head.

That is one reason. Had I been the one to weld my cage together I would have went and bought some more tubing and fabbed that bar up myself. right now I just have it all gussetted with other tubing and hope it wont go on me if i flop it hard one of these days. I also am not to sure how much I trust the piece that runs next to the dash and bolts through the floor. It is quite ridgid, but it is not ideal for the situations that the piece could get put it. With the piece being there liek that I also cannot add side supports or seat mounts in a safe way. It is not a bad cage and would definitely be better then what you have right now. I would have just gone a different route with mine.

Zack is not the only person that makes sport cages. Quite a few companies do. Look around. You'd be surprised at what you will find.

• was looking to do a bolt in, but that sounds like a mistake...

Anything would be better than what you have now . You only want to use it once .

Tracy walked away after a roll on Hell's Gate
    She had a bolt in TBT cage . Not sure if they are still around tho .

good welds are stronger than the metal its welding.... right...

A welded cage is only as good as the guy doing the work . If he doesnt know how to weld the cage is useless
    Proper penetration of the welds make all the difference . So don't have just anyone do it .

Call and talk to Zach
    I'm sure he can and will answer all of questions .

A small list of bolt in's can be found HERE

• It's a different design, but he built my cage for comp YJ and it has held up for several flops and rollovers. Not really apples for apples, but a testiment to his quality.

Aaron

• well its seem that i need to do more research.... i have seen jeeps driving by with cages... but never up close.... i wish i could use zach... but in in NC.... hince a prefabbed kit... but at this point i feel that that is a waste... i figure on keeping the jeep forever... so why waste time and money or somthing thats not going to give me what i want.... i wont be doing any rock crawling its just that where i have wheeled so far... vermont i have come close to flopin it on its side and actally wedged the cage on and old oak.... i just dont wanna get hurt... but then again i look at nitrorubis roll and he was in a gulley.... just shows it dosent take much.... ive seen jeeps flip.. about twice... and seen many on their side... but if thats going to be me that im going to make sure i dont get hurt.... im going to find a shop down here.... their are quite a few speciaty drag racing shops here... im sure they can do anying i can imagine...

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!