What have you done to your Jeep today?

• Ok good job captain obvious... What does it do? What is the reason that an Automotive Engineer placed it there? Never on another motor have I seen one. The I6 is no power monster to need such a thing...

Government is the great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else.<br />-Frederic Bastiat

• They often instal them on performance engines. When the engines reach higher rpms the bearing caps can walk. Some motors need them more than others, due to week main caps or week webbing in the block. The girdle/brace keeps them in place, strengthens the mains and helps keep the motor together. Perhaps jeep did this because it knew a jeep inline 6 could potentially be heavily abused?

2000 Sahara, All custom...
    2000 Cherokee Police package, Beater....

I may be slowest and the stupidest

• That makes sense.

I wonder at what point they decided it was needed? Did they lighten up the motor by making a thinner casting?

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• back to topic

installed eyebolts in the floor of the cargo area so i can better secure my toolbox.

~ JD
    * WARNING - The above post may contain trace elements of biting sarcasm. Those with known sensitivities should avoid staring directly at it.

• ok, i copied the idea from ChrisToes but the idea is still great. Jerry and the gang still need props! although $100 per ticket for nose bleeds to see them at the center is crap!

God Bless The Grateful Dead!

also I've been able to handle tougher obstacles, the gas mileage has gotten way better and the clouds seem a whole friggin lot fluffier since they all went on...

Cheers
    Sean

• Front tow hook... 11.99 on a grand cherokee. thank you pep-boys

96 Jeep Grand Cherokee: <br />4.0L - 4.5&quot; Long Arm - D44&#039;s Locked - 33&quot; M/TR&#039;s <br />XRC 8K Winch - Daily Beater / Offroad Machine<br />1970 Chevy Nova: Rowdy Street Car

• where did you buy the black center cap? i have the chrome centers from cragar wheels and have been looking for black for a while.

• called around some local boneyards trying to find a cheap front driveshaft

~ JD
    * WARNING - The above post may contain trace elements of biting sarcasm. Those with known sensitivities should avoid staring directly at it.

• found a '97 front driveshaft at the local u-pull-it. pulled it. removed my ds, installed junkyard shaft.

~ JD

• replaced the 8.25 pinion yoke.
    installed the repaired rear driveshaft.
    removed and replaced the driver side front axle shaft and hub assembly, installing a new u-joint in the process.
    adjusted the rear brakes.

~ JD

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!