What have you done to your Jeep today?

• I like the clean install of the OP but, like others in this thread, have suffered enough vehicle break-ins over the years (including the last one where the garage got opened!) that we don't leave garage door openers in any of the Jeeps. Little insteon home automation, a webserver, and some ssl certs and I get phenomenal range with mine, including viewing the current status:

:razz:

--Ian

• You people need to move to a non Ghetto state
    :roflmao:

No shit. All this talk has me scared to drive through DE with my soft top on. Might get Jeep-jacked. :laughing:
    FWIW, one of my garage doors is often open most of the time.

BTW, Elff...that is a very cool garage door system you have there. Figures you'd have some techy thing like that on your Jeep. :up:

• No need to move...I'm talking >20yrs of owning a Jeep and it getting rifled through 3-4 times in that period, usually when there was no top. Most of my problems were upstate, much closer to your beloved Pennsyltucky.

• I have to figure out how to get one on the new 2 wheeler I'm rocking.
    Stupid wiring loom is tigher than a prom queen.

Only stuff I've ever had stolen was while living in DE and in Philly.
    Neither locations were great, so It was kind of expected.
    but, I've never had issues with the Jeep. I leave it unlocked. I'd rather them take what they can vs mess with my top.

• Is the drivers side mirror for making sure no planes are going to land on you Steve?

I washed Rausch Creek off of mine and covered the scratches with paint. It only took half a can of Krylon to cover them this time. Dee must be a good spotter. :)

• Replaced the door straps on both Jeeps. Figured since Nancy broke one on her Rubicon, that mine wouldn't be far behind.

Oh and ordered Clayton short arms for the front of mine.

• Clayton makes great stuff!

I got the jeep inspected.
    It amazes me every time it passes that this thing is still street legal.

• Replaced the door straps on both Jeeps. Figured since Nancy broke one on her Rubicon, that mine wouldn't be far behind.

Oh and ordered Clayton short arms for the front of mine.

According to WHUPS, the arms should be here Monday. I've got Wednesday afternoon off, so I may try to get them installed then. Till then, PB BLASTER is my friend!

• Project for the day was to grease her up. Got that done and decided that I'd install the new trans mount that I bought last year and never installed. Figured while I was at it I'd clean off the skid plate. I wish scraping 10 lbs off of me was as easy as scraping off old dirt sand and oil. Tomorrow I'm hoping to do the headlight relay mod, fix my horn and cut down the arms on my side mirrors.

Your life is made up of 2 dates and a dash... make the most of the dash!

• Dropped it off with Mellowyellow so he can do some fiberglass modifications so I can get more leg room.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!