What have you done to your Jeep today?

• I cracked 2 windshields the first year I had my JK... thankfully Allstate covers them (they own Safelite). OE replacements are $500. The "generic" ones are under $300 but I can't remember how much lower. The difference? No special decals around the edges (the grille, little Jeeps, etc).

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• got quotes as high as $500 for the jk windshield with the little jeep grill symbol on it but finally went with a cheaper company for the non-pic regular windshield for $175. came and did it all in the driveway while i was at work. i think the difference between the two windshields from the cheaper company was $125.

• Swapped out the front bumper on the JKU. It had a nice dimple on the right corner, so I pulled the bumper off and installed the OEM one that I bought from Andy a few weeks back. Then trimmed the front lower air damn with my dremel so it would clear the front hitch that I installed a few weeks ago. Also noticed a fresh crack in the windshield - hurray for only owning it a month and already needing new glass :bang:

What sort of damage should I be expecting when replacing it? $250???

No glass coverage on you insurance? I believe it's covered under my comprehensive? I don't pay a dime for a windshield...

• I cracked 2 windshields the first year I had my JK... thankfully Allstate covers them (they own Safelite). OE replacements are $500. The "generic" ones are under $300 but I can't remember how much lower. The difference? No special decals around the edges (the grille, little Jeeps, etc).

you can get decals on ebay LOL

• you can get decals on ebay LOL

When is comes to windshields, In my minds spending the extra money on OEM would be like choosing between a parts store airbag and one from the manufacturer.ll

Straight six or nuthin!
    1993 Jeep Wrangler Sport w/ splash graphics!
    1993 Dodge W-350 Cummins
    2006 BMW 325xi wagon.

• When is comes to windshields, In my minds spending the extra money on OEM would be like choosing between a parts store airbag and one from the manufacturer.ll

There are only a handful of windshield manufacturers (like batteries) that simply rebrand based on the client. Given the windshield angle, and propensity to crack (even without a rock or debris hit) it seems very foolish to spend another $100 - $150 for absolutely no additional protection or value. And FWIW, based on personal experience, Safelite is a complete rip-off providing the same windshields as other suppliers at significant mark up. My first and last Safelite windshield on the TJ lasted 2 months before developing a mysterious crack without any damage taken. At least it got me through inspection...

• I cracked 3 windshields in my first 2 years of owning the Jeep and finally went to the "better" version Union Glass had. I dunno if it was actually OEM or just less crappy than the other one they put in but I've had that now for ~4 years and no cracks, pits or any problems. For a TJ I think it was around $200 vs $150, sucks to be you JK owners.

Obviously I just jinxed myself.

• I cracked 3 windshields in my first 2 years of owning the Jeep and finally went to the "better" version Union Glass had. I dunno if it was actually OEM or just less crappy than the other one they put in but I've had that now for ~4 years and no cracks, pits or any problems. For a TJ I think it was around $200 vs $150, sucks to be you JK owners.

Obviously I just jinxed myself.

Better go find some wood to knock on :doh:

• Did a little painting this weekend. Overall I'm pretty damn happy with how it looks and I just have to touch up the hood because a rouge gust of wind decided to flip the hood over and land it upside down 30 secs after I finished spraying it. Then I just have to but it back together.
    [img width=1200 height=675]http://www.delawareja.com/gall…nloadItem&g2_itemId=43934[/img]
    [img width=1200 height=675]http://www.delawareja.com/gall…nloadItem&g2_itemId=43937[/img]

• Painting the inside of the grille slots orange would be cool too.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• I drove it. On a road. A paved one. First time since January.

*bLaTaNt DiSrEgarD oFfRoAd*<br /><br />&quot;Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. <br />One died for your soul; the other for your freedom.&quot;

• That's always a weird feeling.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• I finally chased down my death wobble issue and the rear vibe I was getting :roflmao: I ended up with a new durango steering box, new tires, a new passenger side knuckle, new hub bearings, new ball joints and in the end it was all solved with new lower adjustable control arms. Last night a figured out that my rear pinion yoke had play in the joint from the little clasp on one side getting ground down from a cap that must have been spinning so the rear of the shaft was not centered. Anyway, swapped it out and the jeep is now driving like new. :mrgreen: I also sold my old tires and have the rims ready to go to VA in january to get custom beadlock rings installed on them, after that Ill finally be ready to hit the trails again.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!