What have you done to your Jeep today?

• Yeah this is the vin tag that was attached to the firewall inside the engine bay. The dash vin is still intact... maybe I'll paint this and pop rivet it back on the firewall.

Your life is made up of 2 dates and a dash... make the most of the dash!

• I think those tags are part of the assembly line process.

If they were meant to last they would be made of more than 20 gauge plain steel and secured with a self drilling screw.

This is screwed to the bottom of the grill support.

• Again see jeremys post. Its a yj we dont have the grill tag, door sticker or any other vin plates. Thats the fire wall plate and should be put back on jic. Dont think it would ever be a problem but its the only id other then the windshield tag.

• Finished the 3 dash panels. Pretty stoked on how it turned out. I don't want to install them just yet as I still need to paint the dash pad.

PS- I know Aaron will like this seeing how much he loved my seat belts. [emoji56]

• Ahhhh, so nice to have heat in the Jeep again! Onward to the next project.

Met Flav tonight and bought a set of full soft doors from him. Much much better shape than mine are currently in.

• Well, I'm moving in stages here. I'm pretty set on Monstalining the exterior next year and the color scheme will probably no longer be camo. I'm patiently waiting for them to release their new color palette before I make a concrete decision. Right now I'm contemplating either a med quartz gray or the darker pyroclastic. The raised part of the hood will be an orange and maybe some accents like the Jeep logo on the fenders. Just kicking around ideas at the moment though. I'll more than likely be multicolored here soon as I have a fender, hood and tailgate to replace... they're all blue.

• Recently replaced exhaust from header back on my xj. Used a Magnaflow stainless cat, and Borla stainless cat back system. Also had my windshield replaced...it's nice to be able to see again. Yesterday I added a receiver cargo basket, I needed someplace to haul a deer should I harvest one this season.

• Recently replaced exhaust from header back on my xj. Used a Magnaflow stainless cat, and Borla stainless cat back system. Also had my windshield replaced...it's nice to be able to see again. Yesterday I added a receiver cargo basket, I needed someplace to haul a deer should I harvest one this season.

Speaking of exhaust.. could you hear my Jeep yesterday from inside the store?? The guy dropping off parts almost had a heart attack when I fired her up. :roflmao:

• I learned how to do something new. I have never done any A/C work before. My new XJ had a bad A/C compressor, and my soon-to-be-not-mine trail rig had a perfectly fine A/C compressor that would never be used. So... swap:

~ JD
    * WARNING - The above post may contain trace elements of biting sarcasm. Those with known sensitivities should avoid staring directly at it.

• Also, swapped out my 35" Goodyear Wrangler MT/Rs w/Kevlar for an old set of stocker wheels/tires:

The tires/wheels I took off:

The tires/wheels I put on:

Quite a difference looking at them side-by-side:

XJ before tire/wheel downgrade:

XJ after tire/wheel downgrade:

:laughabove:

XJ before tire/wheel downgrade:

XJ after tire/wheel downgrade:

:laughabove:

~ JD
    * WARNING - The above post may contain trace elements of biting sarcasm. Those with known sensitivities should avoid staring directly at it.

Edited once, last by altierior ().

• At least they are both Goodyear Wranglers. :innocent:

~ JD

• Removed CB, external speaker, and PA speaker.

The CB and accessories wouldn't have been worth the trouble to remove if I was not already going to have the center instrument bezel off anyway. My new-to-me DD XJ had a few minor things that needed fixing. The climate control panel did not backlight when the vehicle lights were on. A trail rig without backlit controls is no less of a trail rig. So I swapped that out. And the rear wiper switch on my DD was inoperable. I don't know when the last time the rear wiper worked on the trail rig, especially after swapping out the hatch door a few times. So I swapped that switch out also.

~ JD

• Got the drag link and tie rod off yesterday, received my new ZJ tie rod for the XJ today.

Jeep XJ (Lifted 2", Misc. goodies inside, 195k on body, 85k on inline 6) Jeep WJ (Stock, 236k on inline 6)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!