What have you done to your Jeep today?

• Gotta tuck up the tag end but I like this wrap better than the 1st..

Cool, looks good, still can't say I like the orange bezels, but it's done well .

Funny , how all our Jeeps have wires hanging down from under the dash!

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

• Whats the lever from?

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• Replaced the steering stabilizer (forget what brand, came with the flip kit) with a nice Fox model. Shiny...

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• Took advantage of the sales over the weekend and ordered a bunch of parts from Artec Industries, Ballistic Fabrication, Summit Racing, RuffStuff, RaceReady, and SWAG Offroad to rebuild the TJ this winter. Most of the orders already shipped so kudos to these vendors for handling their online orders promptly.

Now all I need to do is buy my wife a really good christmas present to distract her from the pile of parts in the garage... :innocent: [size=78%] [/size]

• Astape put new gears in the XJ yesterday. 3.55 -> 4.10 in preparation for the new lift/tires. Huge shout out again for Aaron Stapen and his shop up in Wilmington. Not only does he work with you on a tight schedule and have great prices, but he always takes the time to explain what he's doing every step of the way. You're guaranteed to walk out a little more knowledgable than when you walk in.

Worked for a few hours in the garage today and finished the front end. Hoping to knock out the rear tomorrow. I'm pretty green on leaf springs but it looks fairly straight forward. Can't wait to see it all finished.

• Always liked the styling of the first era Liberty

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• Always liked the styling of the first era Liberty

Yeah, me too. And I've seen how capable they are. (Woody)

It's the limited so has the nicer wheels, sun/moon roof and a few other extras.

2" trailer hitch looks brand new. That's how they fixed the exploding gas tank issue. Lol

Ordered a replacement center bezel so I can install the Wife's upgraded stereo.

• I finally got a new soft top. Early Christmas gift; 2nd layer of duct tape began failing so it became a bit of a pressing issue. I was allowed to install it now since the weather was relatively warm. Have some adjustments to make on the windshield angle once the next warmish spell happens. Drivers side door pinches too much at top because the windshield frame is slightly bent. Nice driving without a draft on the back of your neck.

I also look forward to NOT having 2 to 3 inches of snow waiting for me on the drivers seat in the morning.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• I know that I'm biased, but wow that looks awesome, Chris! Lifted XJs with the Moab wheels just "look right".

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• Before and after. 4.10 gears, 3.5 RE, and JK rubi wheels/tires. Other than needing a speedo gear I think it is finished. Even the gear isn't a deal breaker - at 60 mph it's about 3-4mph off.

[img width=1200 height=720]http://www.delawareja.com/gall…nloadItem&g2_itemId=46959[/img]

Man, that auto would look great in my TJ... :innocent: :razz:

• More cutting and hacking of fenders and bumpers

~ JD
    * WARNING - The above post may contain trace elements of biting sarcasm. Those with known sensitivities should avoid staring directly at it.

• I recently modified the booster Venturi of my rochester 2g carb. Using my air/fuel monitor I've been increasing my main jet size to adjust the mixture. I ended up going from .051 jets all the way up to .059. The power of the dauntless v6 increased proportionally. It got so strong that my overdrive required two bungees to hold it in direct drive, and when I would get on it real good it would pop violently out and back into gear. So I bought a main drive gear from novak, pulled off the overdrive, and replaced it with the bull gear. It is now smoother and quieter than ever, and it doesn't pop out of gear on hard acceleration. Overdrive was cool, but not that cool. While I was at it I drilled the shift rail end cap on my t-90 shifter to vent it back into the case. I plumbed it with copper. The space between the rails and the end cap would fill up with gear oil and make it real hard to shift into second or reverse. Now that they can vent, shifting is very easy and has a real positive feel. Hopefully I'm about done with that.
    I was also going to recurve the mechanical and vacuum advance, but it ain't broke...

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!