R.C. 4-19 "Jeep 101" Report Thread

• Just wanted to get this started for my group. Ill post a trail report tomm some time. Can all who were in my group post your name and deja name If you can. Ive Also got some realy good Pics to post later.

Modified the thread title to keep all of the reports in this one thread. I guess I am still haunted by all of the threads leading up to the comp/101. :doh:
    KnoxRents

• Me and my wife christi. Will post some post trail damage pics tommorrow. Lost a fender flare, crushed a rear corner, bent a rim, and i think the rear axle. NOT HAPPY AT ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bang: :bang: :bang: Tore the s*** out of a 08 Ford Escape.

• Thanks to everyone who came out. As you can see from Branden's pic at the comp horseshoe, we had a good amount of Jeeps there. The weather worked out just fine.

Special thanks to Aaron (Astape) for giving a great presentation. (He was pretty much "the man" this weekend and it wouldn't have been a success without him.
    Also, shorebird and B for guiding two of the groups as well as themistaken for the RC 101 idea and all his help.
    Craig at Quadratec supplied the gift bags with the hats, stickers, etc. for those that got them. (Sorry to those that didn't, they went quick.)

Hopefully we can make this an annual thing. :driving:

• You did a great job leading brandon, and you took that little red jeep almost everywhere. Had a great time up there wheeling and watching the comp was awesome. I still can't get over how you got through boot hill in your little 4 banger. Was my favorite trail of the day, and thankfully no damage! Even drove it to school today. Special thanks to wayne for showing me around and stuff. All in all, great weekend, tons of fun and I'll be back next time for some hard stuff.

• You did a great job leading brandon, and you took that little red jeep almost everywhere.... I still can't get over how you got through boot hill in your little 4 banger...

he never fails to amaze and amuse me!

you should have seen him conquer the five-foot hole! :roll:

~ JD
    * WARNING - The above post may contain trace elements of biting sarcasm. Those with known sensitivities should avoid staring directly at it.

• he never fails to amaze and amuse me!

you should have seen him conquer the five-foot hole! :roll:

I did it again for everyone in my group. It wasnt as impressive as the day before. I deff got more mud inside of my jeep the second time. I had to use towels just to see through the windsheild.

• First off, thanks I'd like to thank Billy, Ed and Aaron for letting us (Colin, Ben and myself) right seat and showing us a good time.

Great turn out. 20+ Jeeps. Can't wait for for the next one.

The truck puked more ATF on the way home and now gives both sides of the truck that "wet look" ::)

I will bring a spare bottle of atf with me to the spring fling. I can't even remember now how gave it to me. ??? ???

Straight six or nuthin!
    1993 Jeep Wrangler Sport w/ splash graphics!
    1993 Dodge W-350 Cummins
    2006 BMW 325xi wagon.

• def had a good time... took a few tries to find a porta-potta with toilet paper on sunday morning though.

Def fun times... thanks go out everyone who came out and participated. I hope that you were able to learn something, and have a good time. Please PM me for things that you did not like or things that you would like to see done differently or in addition to, in the future. I hope everyone had a good time.

A special thanks goes out to the campers... HAHA thanks for the joke ammunition.

Government is the great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else.<br />-Frederic Bastiat

• I did it again for everyone in my group.

showoff...

i did it in reverse :razz:

~ JD
    * WARNING - The above post may contain trace elements of biting sarcasm. Those with known sensitivities should avoid staring directly at it.

• The wife and a I had a blast... the 101 was very informative thanks Ed, Aaron and Billy. Had a lot of fun on the trails with Brandon and Wayne leading the group Thanks a lot for all the help...!!!; the jeep seems OK (looking forward to cleaning it :bang:) I'll take a closer look this afternoon... The Wife went trigger happy with the camera we took TONS of pictures I will upload them and post a link later but for now here are a couple i liked...

Once again thanks guys, can't wait to go again...

• Like Branden, I'll need most of those in the Green/Blue group to post up with names and screen names. I do know some of you but I'd like to know what you thought about the ride and Jeep 101 in general. We started out with 6 Jeeps 2 bone stock TJs, 2 lifted TJs, 1 lifted Scrambler, and my YJ. We began on 1a and some of us played on the little blue rated loops as we proceeded along the trail. We picked up D and headed to Crawler Ridge to meet up with the other groups as planned. We got there and some of us played on the hills while waiting for the others. After watching Aaron for a while we decided to head out. A JK from Brandens group joined us and we rolled out D to E and then to J1 on the west property. 3/4's thru the trail one of the stock TJs overheated so we stopped to check it out and found that the electric fan was inop. We got them down the hill and although it had cooled down Andy and Dee ( hope that's right) headed back to the parking lot lead by the JK who also decided to call it a day. We were joined by Ian and Matt and ran 11 to 14 (green) to 13 (purple on the map ??) With a bit of spotting and some good driving we got the remaining stocker thru with very little trouble. Matt and Ian broke off and ran 16 (black). We made our way to Big Rocks and took a little break waiting for Ian and Matt. We then hit the Power Line and did the little hills along the way back to E on the East property. B to C and took a left onto the pole line, that section looks black on the map but it's more blue/green. We met up with Branden's group and proceeded back to the camp site to pack up and roll out. As usual a great group and a great ride. Thanks to all who attended Jeep 101, and made my 60th birthday one to remember.

Randy

'88 YJ, 4" suspension, 2"body lift, 456 locked F & R, 35-12.50-15 BFG KM2s on Cragar Soft 8's
    &'03 KJ, 2"+ shackle lift, armor, BBs, 245-70-16 BFG A/T TAs

• Randy, we love you. Happy Birthday
    Sorry that we rolled early, my shock resi was rubbing my rear tires badly. I was in fear of rip[ping them off and ruining the shocks. So I wanted to call it a day. Most of us were beat from the comp the previous day. Still had a good time. Thanks!

Next time we are going to start it a little earlier and try to be a little more expedient and orginized. For the first one of it's type, I think we did good. Please forward all input to me so that I can make a list and add it to our 101 forums and plan for the next one.

Government is the great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else.<br />-Frederic Bastiat

• I had a great time! first to break before the trip got underway was brandons truck (instert ford joke here). i did some trail runs with alterior and N3UZ Jim the first half of the day then watched what was left of the comp. Brandon did a great job with getting my almost stock rubi through a red (more like blue/black) hill climb without any damage. then we got to try out what we learned at the 101 first hand (thanks wayne.) :up:

• I was involved in an accident about 10 minutes from home. It goes to the shop on Friday. I'm actually pretty happy with it considering, it could have been a lot worse. I'm having problems getting the pics uploaded. I had an absolutely great time. Thanks Brandon for showing us a good time.

• Thanks to Bill, Ed, and Aaron for the instructions and organization.

Thank you Randy for leading us on the greens and some blue(s). One thing we didn't do or have (that I know of)...was a camera for picture taking. Would have been great to show the stock Jeeps and drivers performing the way they did.

Although, some of us in the "green" group realize our Jeeps could handle more of the blues and even some blacks...we recognize that we (the drivers) need the experience first. Therefore, it was through this "course" that we are able to gain it, at our own pace. I am gaining confidence and look forward to making another trip to run greens and blues for skill improvement. I had a great time and only 1 damage point.
    I "surveyed my line" on Rock Ridge but, didn't use a spotter. :doh: The "line" I was going was a little too far to the passenger side of my original intended "line" so I went up a rock (I meant to avoid). I continued forward, the tire came down fine but, my side nerf bar hit the rock and (I think) pushed my a little away from it because I don't remember my rear tire going up it. Thus, damaged the nerf bar but protected the fiberglass body...Whoosh, relief.

Thank you Pat, Jason, and whom ever else was behind me on the way back to Delaware. I know it must have been a PITA going up those hills at 25 to 35 mph, thus the necessity to check out my "miss firing". Yes, it was not totally fixed before I went up but, I didn't want to miss the Saturday RC Comp or Sunday's "Jeep 101".

• If anyone is interested there are a ton of pics posted here. Have a look and/or add your pics to it. Each album will hold 500 pics so when these are full I can add more albums.

http://gallery.me.com/bfrank81

Branden there are some nice shots of you hitting those rocks in there.

If you want to add your own pics go here.
    http://gallery.me.com/bfrank81#100084 Just click upload select whatever you want to upload and let it run.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!