YAY!! Inspection...

• I have no license plate on mine period. I had to get out and show the guy that the license plate light was part of the tail light assembly and all for him to not fail me on that as well.

I was surprised that more things were not found with me. The flare issue i already have resolved, some home made ones that should work just fine. If not then I do not know what to do... In about a month or two, we will have it on the street... No issues...

Drove great on the highway at 65 and 2800 RPM, though the speedo did say 85-90... whatever, thats what 5.38s and a 37s will get ya.

Government is the great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else.<br />-Frederic Bastiat

• As above, and I'm not 100% sure, but if doors were standard equipment for the vehicle then they need to be on during inspection. Now I don't know about the newer Jeeps but the older CJ's were charged for doors on the original sales receipt. It was something that was sold with pretty much every Jeep, but was also something that you could deduct from the order. IE you could order a CJ with no doors, and no top if you wished.

Since I have never bought a new Jeep, I don't know if this is the same for the YJs, TJs, or KJs?

• can you just throw the doors in the back? i don't see why you would have to have them on. if you take a camaro through with the t-tops off they won't fail u because you don't have them on.

.,=======o00o<br />//__|__l__,\___\,___<br />l_---\__|__|---&#91;]lllllll&#91;] _<br />(o)_)____(o)_)--o-)_)__

• They want doors on there so they can make sure you don't have tint.

That’s what I thought because I fail every time with my other car, just hoping that they will not ask me to roll um up but never happens. :doh:

With getting the Jeep I was thinking I could just roll in with no doors and be OK to avoid taking off the tint and getting it redone. But not with a rule like that.

• I've heard of a lot of people passing with TJs with no doors. JKs are so new, I don't know of anybody that's needed to go through inspection with one yet.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• just ran my new 95 yj thru everything passed (thats a first) so the lady says i'm going to give you a misc. failure for the push bar blocking the turn signals, when i questioned her she said move to the next guy (brakes) he said he could see the signals just fine where he was standing that she was just being a stickler good till 2011 yayyyyy

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!